User Avatar Image

"Get Tannen" Predictions (Spoiler warning)

posted by moturu on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Only read the rest if you completly finished the "It's about Time" part. All the way to the credits.

If you are still reading you should know that Marty begins to dissapear like in Part 1. (Original Part 1(the movie)) And then it says that Marty goes back to 1931. I think it's because he gave the subpoena to his grandfather, so Kid Tannen kidnaps him or something and somehow makes Artie dissapear form existense. Or Judge Brown might think that Artie was a bad guy and make Artie dissapear from existence. But in the Synopis (http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf) it says that Kid might erase Jennifer fron the future. I'm not really sure how that happens. Maybe One of the gang members is her grandfather or her grandfather is another guy like Artie that gets pushed around by Kid. Say what you think will happen! :)

Edit: Alright, now we know Officer Parker is Jennifer's Grandpa, and Trixie Trotter is presumably the singer that dissapears. The Information was received by a Telltale email update thing.

Email as follows

"Following the blockbuster series premiere "It's About Time", the second episode of Back to the Future, "Get Tannen!" will be available for download on the PC and Mac this February. That means it's just a few short weeks until you can find out what happens in the second of five monthly chapters of Marty and Doc Brown's new adventure. You'll be able to get your first look at "Get Tannen!" in the official trailer, also coming soon.

We have a special treat for you, the faithful Interloper subscriber: We're pulling back the curtain on two of the characters that appear in "Get Tannen!", Officer Parker and Trixie Trotter. Officer Parker, Jennifer's granddad, is just a good cop caught up in a bad situation. On top of dealing with Kid Tannen and his goons, he also has a time-traveling duo causing him some problems. Trixie Trotter, on the other hand, is a small-town girl with big-city dreams. She may seem like just another mob moll, but she actually has aspirations for greatness.

What do you think is next for Doc and Marty? Speculate and discuss your theories in the comments of our "Get Tannen!" Predictions blog post and forum thread! Get on it butthead!"

We know that the singer dissapears because in one of the newspaper articles in Edna's house, it says a singer dissapears. Keep looking for clues! :D

103 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I can definately predict that the next episode will feature another manure joke.

• Marty arriving when he did in the middle of that chase allowed Tannen's gang to remain on the loose, and so everything that happened in Episode 1 involving the gang that Marty witnessed wasn't supposed to happen. Arthur was never supposed to be put into hiding to avoid the subpoena.

Having Kid's gang captured would give Kid even MORE reason to hide Arthur to avoid the subpoena (remember, there's no Kid or Arthur in the car the cop, most likely Jennifer's grandfather, chased).

• @forummouse said: 4) The newspapers in Edna's apartment in 1986 note a singer goes missing. Who is she and what role will she play in the story if any?

Yeah, we haven't even discussed Trixie Trotter yet. I think it's obviously a stage name, either for Marty's grandmother Sylvia (who looks suspiciously like Lorraine) or Edna.

• @Farlander said: Having Kid's gang captured would give Kid even MORE reason to hide Arthur to avoid the subpoena (remember, there's no Kid or Arthur in the car the cop, most likely Jennifer's grandfather, chased).

Not really. The two members of the gang might have ratted out Kid Tannen and so Arthur would have never had to testify. It would also tie in the what George said about going out on a limb, and how his father (Arthur) never did that.

In the original timeline, he never had to testify and Tannen merely got taken down without Arthur having to do anything as they had plenty of evidence from the two gang members to convict Tannen.

• Good call. Sylvia has to come into it eventually, I'm sure, since her name was mentioned specifically.

Keep in mind that Artie doesn't have to get killed by Kid to erase Marty from existence, he just has to not meet Sylvia.

• Not really. The two members of the gang might have ratted out Kid Tannen and so Arthur would have never had to testify.

I've made the key word bold ;)

• @markeres said: In the preview, Doc mentions that the rookie cop who's supposed to arrest Tannen is "Danny Parker". Must be Jennifer's grandfather.

Nice!!! I didn't think of that. I always thought Marty's GF was underutilized in the movies. She almost had a major part in part 2 but instead they decided to relegate her to being in a coma most of the time. :(

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Good call. Sylvia has to come into it eventually, I'm sure, since her name was mentioned specifically.

Keep in mind that Artie doesn't have to get killed by Kid to erase Marty from existence, he just has to not meet Sylvia.

If artie is killed by Kid then its possible that Artie might not meet Sylvia and get her pregnant.

• @PrivateJoker said: Nice!!! I didn't think of that. I always thought Marty's GF was underutilized in the movies. She almost had a major part in part 2 but instead they decided to relegate her to being in a coma most of the time. :(

Gale and Zemickes has commented, that if they had known that they would be making a sequel, they would never have put Jennifer in the DeLorean in the first place. The problem is, the series is, to a point, buddy-movies. It is about Doc and Marty. Bringing Jennifer in as a major character would make it about Marty and Jennifer, religating Doc to the comedy sidekick, as she would have had to have been involved in 2015, couldn't be left behind in alternate 1985, had to follow Marty to 1955 and 1885.

• @Falanca said: Siiiigh, why did Marty even go back only one day before the event. 3 movies HAVE to teach you something.

Well how long was Doc sitting in jail before Marty arrived? Events would certainly have to play out to avoid a paradox.

Add Comment