User Avatar Image

Game too easy/ short/ lacks puzzles Thread

posted by joseppey on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users

How did the first episode compare in terms of difficulty to Telltale's other games?
(More specifically, the last Sam & Max season)

407 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @justwondering said: I've heard both the good and bad about this game, and I just want to see what you all have to say about it. The thing that kind of makes me rethink about purchasing it is "how terribly easy" it is and how it's apparently very short. But of course that could very well be TTG's way of just introducing you to the system before making it rip-out-your-hair worthy or something. I just want to know what I'm getting into before I actually buy it.

So what says you, kind people?

My Friend..do yourself a favor, and buy it!..buy it NOW! it's very well worth it!

• I agree with Rather Dashing, but I still say it's worth it. A game shouldn't be about the story alone. Even an adventure game. But if you're any kind of a BTTF fan you're going to want to see what happens firsthand.

• @Rather Dashing said: Note: You don't get Puzzle Agent anymore, that was a pre-order incentive(and a damn good one at that, since it's a far superior game).

Wrong.

I bought it tonight and still got Puzzle Agent for free. It's still being offered.

• @CrazedCow22 said: Wrong.

I bought it tonight and still got Puzzle Agent for free. It's still being offered.

No, it's not.

• If you were logged in prior to the release and clicked the pre-order link to add it to the cart, Puzzle Agent will still be in your cart for free even if you did not go through with the pre-order.

• @Tearitup said: If you were logged in prior to the release and clicked the pre-order link to add it to the cart, Puzzle Agent will still be in your cart for free even if you did not go through with the pre-order.

Looks like I got lucky then. I've enjoyed both games, so Merry Christmas to me! Woo!

• The problem with adventure games, hard puzzles was what killed it the first time around. Often mentioned is a puzzle in Gabriel Knight 3, where you had to steal Moseleys drivers license, make a false moustache by stealing hair from a cat, to resemble Moseley, draw a moustache on the drivers license because Moseley doesn't have a moustache, then find a hat. We longtime adventuregames fans know what we get, but sometimes, especially with a huge franchise like BttF, they need to cater to people who, quite possibly, never played an adventure before. Perhaps later episodes will be a bit harder, as people know what they are in for, and how to play it.

Telltale doesn't have the time, nor the budget, to make a game with tens of thousand of jokes that will only be found if you spend 17 hours searching through a pile of newspapers covering 150 years, then cover a million years of history because you want to see what happens if you type in "12-24-0000" in the DeLorean.

• @MIcoo11 said: Hell there was even a hint button next to the inventory, so why is it so easy?

My thoughts exactly.
    This is telltales easiest game to date.
    Telltale, please make the episodes harder, a good difficulty would be the tomb of sammunmak, oh and handle death that way too so we can create paradoxes as well.

• @Hassat Hunter said: Sounds like 303 to me.

Actually, it's slightly harder than 303. Which is still very easy.

This is MUCH easier than 303.

• WHAT !!!! easier puzzles i like challenging puzzles like in 302 of sam and max devils playhouse... oh yeah i have a question will PS3 version of this game be different then PC/MAC??? or is it gonna be the same gameplay except different graphics ???

Add Comment