User Avatar Image

OFFICIAL 'TF2 Unlocks questions' thread (was: Question about unlocks not in Steam)

posted by Blooglspash on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

I plan on getting TF2 but I don't have it yet. The only problem is, I don't know if I'll still be able to get the items after I get TF2. Will I have to wait to play this game until I get TF2? Could someone please inform me on this matter?

Thanks,
Blooglspash

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Gman5852 said: The code also gives a person Poker night which would be pirating.



    no it wouldn't
    The copy has been payed for. How is that pirating?

  • I'm sorry, i'm not very familiar with english language. Not enough to be sure i understand well, actually.
    Do you mean that the guy who i want to give the unlock code for the TF2 items, will be able to play Poker Night for free? Sommedy can confirm that?
    It's sound a little weird to me, i mean, that's not my Poker Night serial number that i want to offer, but the code i got here:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2unlocks
    you can't get that code if you don't allready own poker night, so why would the code unlock the game?
    Thanks for helping me anyway, it's sad if i can't give those items, i won't use them, and it's christmas^^

  • @Boeuf Bourguignon said: Do you mean that the guy who i want to give the unlock code for the TF2 items, will be able to play Poker Night for free? Sommedy can confirm that?



    I can confirm that. I gifted Poker Night to 2 of my friends this way.
    The Code unlocks the game because you cannot unlock the items for TF2 in the TTG-Version. It is here so you don't have to rebuy the game on Steam just for the items.

  • @der_ketzer said: no it wouldn't
    The copy has been payed for. How is that pirating?


    Two people having access to a copy at any time, when that copy has been paid for only once, would definitely be pirating. If you mean they already have Poker Night -- just not the Steam version -- then I imagine it wouldn't be piracy. But then, they'd be able to use the unlock code on their own anyway.

    I can confirm that. I gifted Poker Night to 2 of my friends this way.
    If you mean they didn't have the game already, do you also "gift" games using torrents?

  • @furrykef said: If you mean they didn't have the game already, do you also "gift" games using torrents?



    No. Why would I. I already had the steamversion so I had no other use for the 2 Steamkeys I got from TTG. Live with it.

  • @der_ketzer said: I already had the steamversion so I had no other use for the 2 Steamkeys I got from TTG.


    That's not what they gave them to you for.

    Live with it.
    Dude, listen to yourself. "So we stole a couple of copies. Live with it." It's not that I can't live with it. It's that what you've done is highly unethical and probably illegal.

    Also, Valve would be justified in cancelling the accounts of the people you gave them to, causing them to lose all their games. They probably won't do it, but they'd be within their legal rights to. How would you feel if that happens?

  • @furrykef said: It's not that I can't live with it. It's that what you've done is highly unethical and probably illegal.


    lolyn.gif

    @furrykef said: Also, Valve would be justified in cancelling the accounts of the people you gave them to, causing them to lose all their games. They probably won't do it, but they'd be within their legal rights to. How would you feel if that happens?

    lolyn.giflolyn.gif

  • I see you're very proud of yourself. *sigh* Well, never mind.

  • So, my TF2 items won't be used by anybody. It's kind of sad (even if i actually don't know if those items are really interesting for a TF2 player :p) but i surely don't want to give free copy of Poker Night as gift. XD
    Actually, i use to be pirating games, to try it before buying it (i don't know what the situation is in your countries, but i bet it is a shame, like here, i'm talking about culture in general) but for some developers, like TTG or Introversion Software, i just can't.
    I NEED to pay for those brilliant games, to be ok with myself, and with my opinions.
    If you ask, yes, i'm stupid.

  • @der_ketzer said: no it wouldn't
    The copy has been payed for. How is that pirating?



    I read it wrong.

Add Comment