User Avatar Image

Game too easy/ short/ lacks puzzles Thread

posted by joseppey on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

How did the first episode compare in terms of difficulty to Telltale's other games?
(More specifically, the last Sam & Max season)

407 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Same gameplay AND same graphics.

• Yeah what made you think the graphics would be different?

• @Gman5852 said: Yeah what made you think the graphics would be different?

im just wondering because the IPAD/PS3 ver got delayed till early JAN 2011
    :rolleyes: just wondering lool

• @Strayth said: Same gameplay AND same graphics.

k thanks ^-^

• @jaden551 said: This is MUCH easier than 303.

Not for me.

The first half of 303 was auto-play, and the second part had so few objects to interact... you know, even less than BttF ep. 1...

• i hated 303 for all this "detective-interrogation-stuff". so much stuff i didnt understand at all, and i HAVE to understand it to complete the game. i hated it. i havent played 304 and so one just because of that....

i will... but the feeling "play it, you have to know how the story ends!!!" just wasnt there...

(or was it 303? i think it was....)

i really had a hard time with this episode

• @Cyphox said: "play it, you have to know how the story ends!!!"

What about "play it because you bought it"? Seems a shame to pay that much and not even play the game.

• Hey everyone, I'm new to Telltale games, but not to the adventure gaming genre. So I was just wondering if Telltale games usually get progressively more difficult with each episode like a non-episodic game would?

Many people on these boards are complaining that episode one was too easy. While I don't necessarily agree with them right now, I could see it being a problem if the difficulty remains the same by episode three.

Non-episodic adventure games usually get increasingly more difficult as the game goes on so that the user has a chance to adjust to the controls and interface and ease into the game.

Is this usually the case with Telltale games as well?

Regardless of what happens, I'm sure this will inevitably go down as the best Back to the Future game to date (if not of all time), but it would be a shame if many people will always look back on it wondering "what if the game had been more difficult?"

• it fluctuates... one episode could be easy, the next somewhat hard. But the overall difficulty is always more-or-less the same

However, the episode before the finale is almost always the hardest (and most enjoyable) The finales themselves are always complex... but not necessarily as hard

I hope that answers your question a little, cause every game season really is a mixed bag

Edit: The best way to see for yourself is to simply play another telltale game season :P

• However, the episode before the finale is almost always the hardest

I disagree. I only found that to be the case with Monkey Island.

Add Comment