User Avatar Image

YES, you have paid 24.95$ and now own ALL FIVE episodes.

posted by Vern Brown on - last edited - Viewed by 511 users

Just wondering if I preorder the game if I get all five games for the price or is it just for episode one and I have to pay for the other episodes as they are released?

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You have played 1/5 of what you've paid for. You can play upcoming episodes with no extra cash whenever they're available.

• Yeah telltale creates "seasons" instead of full games.
    The $25 was for the whole season, not just that one episode. The next "episode" is due to be out at around february.
    Until then if you preorderd the game, why dont you enjoy puzzle agent?

• I'm curious if Telltale does this with their other games? Paying for the full season before it's out? I don't have a problem paying $25 as the game will be well worth it in the end, but I would've preferred at least the option to pay $5 per episode as they were released. :/

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Alisz said: I'm curious if Telltale does this with their other games? Paying for the full season before it's out? I don't have a problem paying $25 as the game will be well worth it in the end, but I would've preferred at least the option to pay $5 per episode as they were released. :/

They've always had full seasons available for preorder ever since they started doing full seasons starting with Sam & Max Season One. They used to have individual episodes, but most people were buying the full seasons, so they switched to only season purchases on PC and Mac starting with Wallace & Gromit.

$25 is the cheapest full season they've had yet at pre-order time. The seasons used to be $35 for a full season and $9 for an episode. So, it seems we're paying for full seasons but getting cheaper prices in return. :)

• @SunnyGuy said: Yes, and so is the DVD with all the episodes + extras that you can get after the season is over.

Does anyone know if the DVD be available if you bought the game through steam?

• @Tom_1994 said: Does anyone know if the DVD be available if you bought the game through steam?

Generally speaking, no. The only way Telltale knows that you have bought one of their games is if you buy it directly from them. Buying through other means still gets you the downloadable games but unfortunately you're not eligible for the DVD.

I think for /one/ of their titles (ToMI or S&M:TDP, can't remember which), they managed to tie things in with Steam but considering I don't use Steam I don't really know.

• Yea its each 24.95 for each episode. Imagine how popular that would be!! ;)

• @Molokov said: Generally speaking, no. The only way Telltale knows that you have bought one of their games is if you buy it directly from them. Buying through other means still gets you the downloadable games but unfortunately you're not eligible for the DVD.

I think for /one/ of their titles (ToMI or S&M:TDP, can't remember which), they managed to tie things in with Steam but considering I don't use Steam I don't really know.

I recall it was for TDP, but it wasn't for Steam users that wanted the free DVD. It was for PC users that wanted the TF2 Max Hat. Anyone got the game from Telltale Store got the same game on their Steam account. But Steam buyers couldn't get the game on their Telltale accounts, sadly.

No, Steam customers usually can't get the DVD.

• @Falanca said: No, Steam customers usually can't get the DVD.

Don't count on it changing, like, ever.

• Darn, there I was hoping that each episode cost 24.95! That way I could feel like I was playing some elite rich person's video game.

Add Comment