User Avatar Image

PC Collector's Disc / DVD suggestions & questions

posted by prizna on - last edited - Viewed by 879 users

I know its a bit early for this but I thought it would be a good idea to say what sort of bonus content we would like to see on the DVD.

I for one would like to see some of the voice acting sessions.

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Know what would be cool for the DVD menu? The 1931 courthouse (or perhaps the 1986A courthouse, if it's more interesting), framed in the same way as the courthouse menus used on the main trilogy's DVDs:

• @trekker26 said: I'm new to telltale, especially when it comes to these DVDs they do. What exactly are on these dvds?

From what I understand, the full season for your PC as well as extra features. Also, any fixes that they decide to do.

• @trekker26 said: I'm new to telltale, especially when it comes to these DVDs they do. What exactly are on these dvds?

Besides the games themselves there is usually.

Developer commentary videos that play in a DVD player.

Concept art...

trailers..

other videos.. like promo vids that the team does ... or elsewhere.

• Hmm, apparently other regions of the BTTF dvd's had a different view of the courthouse square that I think looks a bit nicer:
    bttf1_menu_ws_r4.jpg
    bttf2_menu_ws_r4.jpg
    bttf3_menu_ws_r4.jpg

Makes it a lot clearer as to where and when each menu is set. It doesn't look like these have the animated sky in the background, though. Seems like a compromise could be reached for this DVD

• What did they do for the Blurays?

• For the Blurays, each era starts with the DeLorean vanishing leaving fire trails, with the BTTF2 DeLorean flying and leaving a stormy skyway behind, and the BTTF3 DeLorean on the rails.

• Oh..... I think the Blitz through time game should also be on the DVD

• I'd love to see an emulated version of Back to the Future the Pinball. Many game consoles have great table emulators used for compilation titles. Let's bring back the pinball classic!

• Audio commentary, concept art, interviews with voice actors and some kind of behind the scenes documentary :) (aside from the one already posted)

• One of the things I loved about the DVD releases of the first two seasons of Sam & Max was that you could watch a playthrough of the games like they were movies, or indeed episodes of a TV show. But the most recent Telltale releases haven't had that option. Sure, you can watch the episodes of Sam & Max season 3 with commentary, but there's no option to watch the episodes without commentary. So I think for the DVD release of BTTF: the game, you should be able to watch the cutscenes without commentary. This is something that I think would make sense for this particular license, because we know that there's a lot of Back To The Future fans that aren't gamers, and might not want to put up with solving a lot of puzzles (even admittedly simple ones like we've seen so far in the game) to experience the next installment of the Back To The Future saga.

So to sum up my idea: let people watch the cutscenes without commentary on the Back To The Future: The Game DVD release.

That's my two cents.

Comments?

Add Comment