User Avatar Image

Everything Must Go!

posted by Everythingmustgo on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

So I must have MVD surgery and well, telltale is now very low priority for me

Im looking to sell everything I have related to sam & max (quite a few neat items)
Some Im not sure what they are worth which is why im posting here.

I have pretty much everything sam and max ever sold by telltale
one thing I want an opinion on is the old
Fizzball print... mine is in decent condition but it would be hard to ship if sold and its the old paper
which brings me to lucasarts mags (every single one)
both pins
the pen
3d art relief (of the original game box cover)
stickers, old books and new, most have custom art in the fronts. some are personalized so I doubt anyone would pay much for those.

I also will be selling my L studio jacket from the S&M cartoon in canada.
Its in prestine condition, but wont fit tall or large people (im tall and its short in arms)

I wouldnt know how to price these things, I just know what I paid

any suggestions or shall I just ebay and see from there?
was thinking at least the devout would be here.. and im not amazon prices.

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • eBay may have its flaws, but at least it makes clear what is being offered and for how much, and produces/requires some commitment on the people involved. It also makes buyers feel safer; I doubt Paypal would do much with a complaint about a deal with a random guy on a forum.
    So all in all I have to second Pinchpenny's suggestion here. You can set a reserve if you're worried about not getting what you feel these things are worth. Obviously you could go through some other site instead if you prefer, but eBay's reputation and popularity do have their upshots as well.

• I don't intend to act hostile but I couldn't understand some of your posts. I to am looking for the sketchbooks and perhaps the coloured version depending on how much your looking to sell for. If your looking for help with pricing I'd put the price of the original print of Surfing the Highway higher than the reprint.

• Im not a fan of ebay, nor its protections. Id go on something like craigs list before anything else. I can guarantee anything but the shipping and that can be insured..
    again im more lost on pricing as amazon sets effigy for 500$ haha and age for what 280? its a joke imo.
    as for my older tpb or hard copies .. sausy I had the same thought myself about older being worth more but the new version seemed to make the old worth less on ebay as no one wanted the old.. after the new came out

Its another reason I asked about the 3 original shirts
    1 was the reprint sold at TTG store only the original from SD's con.
    again dont know the value vs the new since you can get the new one for cheap

this again is more why i posted here. that and I figured someone would want some of these sigh

forget it. Seems most see this incorrectly or something. This isnt a scam
    anyone even know what MVD is? google it.. fun stuff.. im freaked and well
    nm..

• @Everythingmustgo said: ebay? secure? HAHAHA wow.. its paypal I trust not ebay.. and even then only until 30-45 days your covered. Ebay takes far to much and for not knowing what something is worth.. it would really suck to A. sell it for what I paid and know its far less than its worth B. have it go to someone not on site. if it was as easy as .. just tossing it on craigs list or ebay I wouldnt be here... now would I? suppose most just dont want S&M stuff. Minus the books. pinchpenny thanks for .. well not much help with the pricing. ive never had luck linking to ebay from forums.. and ive sold stuff in the past for other reasons.

eBay and PayPal are run by the same company. How can you trust one and not the other? If your item sells for a certain amount then that's roughly what it's 'worth' as it is the maximum that someone is willing to pay for it. We can't tell you how much something is going to go for. Someone may state a price they'd be willing to pay, but another person may top this. eBay allows that in a buyer-protected environment. Take no personal offence, but I wouldn't be willing to PayPal you some money without a guarantee that you're actually going to send me the item.

• @Pinchpenny said: I wouldn't be willing to PayPal you some money without a guarantee that you're actually going to send me the item.

This is exactly the reason that eBay is successful. I've been scammed only once on eBay, and misled only once. This is out of hundreds of transactions I have personally participated in. There is no reason not to trust eBay unless you are planning on buying something ridiculously expensive from someone with zero feedback via mailing them some cash, or something insane like that.

• Wow ok
    this went from me trying to get help to a debate over ebay

can i safely say that I can dislike whatever I want?

Shodan you are not right, ebay is popular for the same reason apple is still around. People know it and understand it..and they are USED to it. Period (see the myspace to FB to twitter coversion for reference)
    Ebay doesnt cover anything international, even a 2$ item ebay cant help with...and most countries dont offer insurance without making it 40$ usd

Also Ebay wont put money on my starbucks card, nor does ebay cover anything post wise where paypal DOES and can.
    Now I dislike BOTH... as both pretty much rape ya, but in my experience ebay has hurt me and paypal has only ever screwed me once on a pre order from a year earlier. (they have a 45+ something day limit they cover you on.

as for not trusting ebay, I dont. As for its sellers and snipers well thats a give or take. but ebay itself, and its team. no no.

can we get back on topic? or maybe launch your own ebay hate vs love thread or something?

• @Pinchpenny said: eBay and PayPal are run by the same company. How can you trust one and not the other? If your item sells for a certain amount then that's roughly what it's 'worth' as it is the maximum that someone is willing to pay for it. We can't tell you how much something is going to go for. Someone may state a price they'd be willing to pay, but another person may top this. eBay allows that in a buyer-protected environment. Take no personal offence, but I wouldn't be willing to PayPal you some money without a guarantee that you're actually going to send me the item.

when you send paypal money you send as PURCHASE ON EBAY
    and walla you are COVERED for almost 2 months..
    so, no clue WHAT you are talking about on this paypal thing.
    I send and get money on paypal all the time without the need for ebay, in fact its mainly how I got most of my old stuff.. OFF ebay..not on.
    And paypal was in play..
    never once ripped off, ... ebay .. oh italy alone ripped me off 6 times, germany 2.. lets not get into the uk..

• One of the crew jackets went for $215 another $212.50
    The combined stickers and floaty pen went for $272. This might give you some sort of benchmark.

• wow really?
    wait stickers and a pen were 272 for just stickers and a pen? are you sure no book was with it?
    as for the jacket.. when was that sale, I dont look on ebay for sales lately.

also any advice on what to start my shirts? (have all the TTG ones but im talking about the original SD comic con shirts.)
    Or say my comics even the hellboy xmas special or such
    for when I use ebay or said other methods (craigs list) etc

• When you say...
    @Everythingmustgo said: I have pretty much everything sam and max ever sold by telltale

... Does that include the season 1 case file? I'd buy it off you if it does!

Add Comment