User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2?

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited - Viewed by 14.3K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

478 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I would love to see a Double Fine Monkey Island.

So many caps.

• I would love to see: a GOOD QUALITY soundtrack of the calibre of CMI

examples:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChA4DehA1_M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3pacDke-S0&feature=related
    -the guy did them in his spare time so.. to hell with consistency of the product! WiiWare can have lesser music! but I want some quality tunes dammit

my first MI game was CMI and one of my favourite things about it was the music.

• telltale have been thinking ever since MI4 how they were gonna release TOMI. that's how much thought went in to it. :P telltale's whole reputation stand on the next MI!!! it's most likely never gna happen

telltale's been lazy this year, S&M came out april of this year and that's it. in 09 they released 2 games.

i would love another MI but little chance.

Is it true that TTG actually went to the trouble of re-recording lechuck original for the last few episodes available on dvd form?

• Yeah ... as much as I would love ToMI2 .... I am really starting to think its never going to happen.

• i only found out about ttg and the next mi just by searching one day and i didn't expect it to be good. but it was...it was...

it COULD happen after bttf and before jurassic park. they made s&m fans wait remember? it would be nice if that happened. hope to all!!! :-P

• @Hee Ho Ho said: telltale have been thinking ever since MI4 how they were gonna release TOMI. that's how much thought went in to it. :P telltale's whole reputation stand on the next MI!!! it's most likely never gna happen

telltale's been lazy this year, S&M came out april of this year and that's it. in 09 they released 2 games.

i would love another MI but little chance.

Is it true that TTG actually went to the trouble of re-recording lechuck original for the last few episodes available on dvd form?

Lazy? What about Back to The Future? Haven't played it yet since it was kinda before my time, but it looks pretty darn good!

Anyway, I do have a hope for a new Tales of Monkey Island as the next reveal or after Jurassic Park. If we keep buying the games, it surely shows that we have some interest in 'em, right? I have been a bit on the lazy side, and short on cash side, but I think I'll buy Sam & Max season 3 and BTTF soon! As soon as I finish up some other games I have lying around~

• @Irishmile said: Yeah ... as much as I would love ToMI2 .... I am really starting to think its never going to happen.

I still have hope. In fact, I have more than hope; I have faith. Dan Connors said that they would "love to do more [MI seasons]". So, I wouldn't start fretting.

• @Irishmile said: Yeah ... as much as I would love ToMI2 .... I am really starting to think its never going to happen.

Of course it is gonna happen! It's just a matter of time. Why would Telltale kill a milking cow just when they got started? :confused:

• @Testikkeli said: Of course it is gonna happen! It's just a matter of time. Why would Telltale kill a milking cow just when they got started? :confused:

The problem is that it's really not up to Telltale to decide, the decision lies in the hands of the licence holder, LucasArts (a company not known for making the wisest of moves). LucasArts' previous president Darrell Rodriguez was largely the man responsible for giving us not only the two special editions of Monkey Island but also for allowing Telltale to create ToMI. Now that Paul Meegan has taken the reigns as president, I'd say that any further Tales are rather uncertain at the moment.

I know that I won't be banking on it ever happening, although I'd love to play another installment as much as Telltale would love to create one.

• @Davies said: The problem is that it's really not up to Telltale to decide, the decision lies in the hands of the licence holder, LucasArts (a company not known for making the wisest of moves). LucasArts' previous president Darrell Rodriguez was largely the man responsible for giving us not only the two special editions of Monkey Island but also for allowing Telltale to create ToMI. Now that Paul Meegan has taken the reigns as president, I'd say that any further Tales are rather uncertain at the moment.

I know that I won't be banking on it ever happening, although I'd love to play another installment as much as Telltale would love to create one.

i think lucasarts should jus give ttgames the rights or whatever. i mean lucasarts is all star wars now with no real commitment to anything else. i played the force unleashed 2. it looked brill but the end result was quite rubbish

Add Comment