User Avatar Image

i am stuck on the idol that is broken

posted by francio10 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

hi guys i need the last help i think i am on the idols quest. i activate the
first with the command
i put the cheese near the prigion and i use on the strange idol with weatherwane and i copied the face after always with weatherwane i used the floor to replace the face from the idol that need a noise i went to the thrid idol near the white rock and is broken! how can i do? thk you

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Make sure you do the first 3 idols. You can do the first three in any order, but the fourth one that is missing the spindle must be done last.

The first idol sits near the large wind machine.
    The second idol requires the cheese wheel.
    The third idol requires a replacement nose.
    The fourth idol is missing a spindle. Go here last and Marquis will be waiting be there waiting.

• Well, the answer is as follows :

Do the three first idols. When you enter the fouth, the Marque is waiting for you. At the first chance you gets, place the U-Tube in the rifle and the Marque will be blown into the idol with the air from his own weapon, ie he becomes the missing spindle..Ok, so I don't know how to make the hidden text. If someone would be so kind to tell me, I'll be a happy person..;)

• Use the spoiler tags. Simply type in [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] to hide the section of the text you wanna. Oh! Remove the space between '[' and 's' though.

• I am having difficulty with this part of the game too. I can't get the strange idol to match and I can't see where I have gone wrong. I can't seem to locate the other idols also.

• Above info is correct, do it right it will work. Each time the idol drops back into the stone from where it came and Marquis blasts you out of the screen.

The idols are there, the first pops up by the wind machine after you activate it, the others are in the jungle, I beleive during this section of game you can click on map of island to get to Idols?

If you don't want to just read spoilers above the here's a bit of a clue.

Strange Idol has something missing, a suitable replacement can be made if you have you eyes on the ball, or is that the wheel?

• Hi. I've tried to get the strange idol to move by adding the cheese, but no go. I cant find the enigmatic idol, the messed up idol doesn't turn and the one by the wind machine is the only one that I have managed to do correctly. I still need help.

• @irfanm786 said: Hi. I've tried to get the strange idol to move by adding the cheese, but no go. I cant find the enigmatic idol, the messed up idol doesn't turn and the one by the wind machine is the only one that I have managed to do correctly. I still need help.

Well the cheese alone is not enough, it has to replace what would have been the original piece of the idol, cheese is missing an important feature. If you set up to do the idol you'll see that you can't complete the face properly with cheese alone. Look at exactly what you need face wise, then look for exact copy of it somewhere, once you find it somewhere else I think you'll know what to do.

The messed up idol is last to be done and can not be completed until you have done the other three, are sure you can't find the idols at this point just by clicking on the map of island? In my game I can do that at this point in game.

• Ok. Thanks for your help, I get it now. I needed to use the webpage http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland/launchofthescreamingnarwhal/walkthrough

The cheese needed to be used with the carvings on the wall!

Add Comment