User Avatar Image

Why isnt Strong bad uncensored?

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 526 users

I know that the subtitles are censored whenever somebody swears in the game. But oddly enough when the game is uncensored mode. Max, Heavy, and Tycho(or however the hell you say his name) are swearing uncensored. However one flaw is that Strong bad's swearing isnt uncensored. Whats the big deal? It would have been funny to see strong bad cursing.

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Maybe the owners of the character didn't let Telltale to do so. Understandable, because of the franchise he belongs to. I believe that particular line in which he swears actually parodies the tone of the game.

• I think Falanca's right on that.

• Well, apparently his line really is "That is some Bleeped up Bleep" when he says that.

Also, Max is only swearing to his normal extent, and I'm not sure Heavy swears. The uncensored mode was put in the for Tycho's dialogue.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

its proving that strong bad rarely cusses in the game

• I extracted all the sound files from the game. I've checked the uncensored lines and all of them were said from Tycho.

• Strong Bad's franchise does not curse, period. I dunno if that's just the Brothers Chaps keeping to an everyone rating for their stuff, or if they have moral issues against it--they are from Georgia, after all--but either way, the whole point is, Strong Bad does not use profanity.

Therefore his usage there is the very definition of the Precision F Strike, and it's bleeped because that makes it funnier.

• @Kyronea said: or if they have moral issues against it--they are from Georgia, after all

Definitely not that. TBC swear as much as anybody. They'd just rather keep H*R children-friendly.

In the case of Poker Night, I think it's less that TBC are "opposed" to Strong Bad swearing and more that swearing simply does not actually exist in the H*R universe. It's like it's not that he actually says "fuck" and it gets censored to a bleep -- he actually says a bleep, 'cause that's what cussing is like in the H*R-verse.

• Tycho is the only one that swears. Max swears occasionally in his franchise, but only light swears. Strong Bad and Heavy don't swear, so it doesn't make sense for them to do so in game (as well as Max). You expect stuff from the characters that is the same from their franchise.

• @BoneFreak said: Tycho is the only one that swears. Max swears occasionally in his franchise, but only light swears. Strong Bad and Heavy don't swear, so it doesn't make sense for them to do so in game (as well as Max). You expect stuff from the characters that is the same from their franchise.

It does make sense, you know, when you're in a bar with a lot of dewds playing poker and stuff you get into the mood. Plus, losing so many bucks have to get you angry enough to drop some bombs.

• @Kyronea said: Strong Bad's franchise does not curse, period.

Oh really?

But yeah, Tycho is the only one of the characters to use any strong language in this game, because Penny Arcade is the only one of the four works featured to regularly use strong language.

Mind you, TF2 has some mild profanity, and the "Meet the Team" videos have even had some stronger, censored stuff ("And now he's here to *BLEEP* us!"), but I think the Heavy is the only class to never swear. Not counting the perpetually-unintelligible Pyro, of course.

EDIT: My mistake, Heavy does swear. SANDVICH AND ME GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!

Add Comment