User Avatar Image

Hit the pipe?

posted by The Highway on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

I can't manage to do it to get the "soup" to roll down. I have been trying this puzzle for over an hour and I'm assuming a bad puzzle design, but I really need to do this.

76 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: ...Every single puzzle other than this one is STUPID easy.

Really, I solved this one on my first go. But that's probably because I try everything in an adventure game. Which there wasn't a whole lot to do and see, it was mostly trigger this and trigger that. But I thought it was well done, and felt like back to the future, with the whole thing mostly relying on dialog solutions, because let's face it. It's what Marty mostly did in the movies.

• Has anyone figured out a consistent way to solve this? I have talked with everyone, served the subpoena, gotten Doc to jam open the door, and spiced the living daylights out of that soup on the stove, but the cut scene for some reason Will Not trigger, no matter where I stand. I've left Marty all over the room (to the left, to the right, in the center) and left the game running while I did other things to only come back and yet again learn that the pipes seem to be going into the basement.

I would really appreciate not having to start the whole episode all over again. Will TellTale perhaps even supply a save game I could use to load to a point later in the game past this seemingly un-triggerable cutscene?

• @wesrey said: Has anyone figured out a consistent way to solve this? I have talked with everyone, served the subpoena, gotten Doc to jam open the door, and spiced the living daylights out of that soup on the stove, but the cut scene for some reason Will Not trigger, no matter where I stand. I've left Marty all over the room (to the left, to the right, in the center) and left the game running while I did other things to only come back and yet again learn that the pipes seem to be going into the basement.

I would really appreciate not having to start the whole episode all over again. Will TellTale perhaps even supply a save game I could use to load to a point later in the game past this seemingly un-triggerable cutscene?

I was one of the people who couldn't get the scene to trigger either. I stood in the back by young Doc for a very long time, and nothing. I started to walk to the front where the cook/crook is sitting. I started to explore the nooks and crannies of the tables. I started to wedge myself in between the "exit" door (where you leave the shop), and the table in front of it. I got myself right in the corner area - as far to the right as possible - and suddenly, the scene triggered.

I highly doubt it was my actions that did this. I think it was random. I'm reading a lot of people on here saying to stay out of sight, in the back, for it to happen. With my experience, being in plain sight, and having the scene trigger - tells me that its all random as to when/if it triggers at all.

• i think its best if i quote myself here:

@Cyphox said: went back to the past, talked to edna about the burnt down speakeasy, went to the soup kitchen watching the scene with kid and arthur, went to jail, talked to doc about his younger self and the rocket drill, went to the soupkittchen, called the brown residence, went to the courthouse, bumped into and talked to doc, recorded his mumbling, played the mumbling to old doc, told young the solution, talked about the rocket drill, took the supoena, went with young doc to the soupkittchen, guy came in bringing the soup.

after that scene i went to the left to doc, BOOOOOM, scene triggered.

here's the save. phew, that took longer than i thought......

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V7UBSINM

and no, i havent talked to edna about the soup delivery, and i also tried to trigger the scene earlier, didnt work

finally all of you can hit the pipe now.

• To trigger the scene I had to go over by the door and try to walk next to the table towards the window.

• I just wanted to say thank you skynight 8 to explain this. My problem was that i hadn't clicked on the speciale soup yet. And after awhile i got the pipe scene. So thanks :)

• I had this same glitch happen as well. I exhausted every dialogue with Edna, Cueball, and Emmit multiple times. I even restarted the game trying to follow the walkthrough exactly. I followed peoples advice in this thread, but this is how I got the scene to trigger. I clicked on the special barrels and Marty asked to have one of them. Cueball replies something to like "You can't eat a whole barrel of soup." I clicked on the special barrels again, and Marty asked to have one. Cueball replied that they weren't the "soup du jour." When I walked around the corner towards Emmit, the scene triggered.

• Well I think I have the weirdest one of all

I was standing in the back as it says to here and got sick of waiting so I alt-entered into a windowed mode and turned the resolution down to the lowest setting so I could watch some movies while i waited for the cutscene

I hit the apply button and instantly got the cutscene lol

• The first time I played I had a hard time triggering the cutscene. I finally got it walking near the exit door, close to the right wall.
    The second time I got the cutscene very soon, maybe the first or second time I entered the soup kitchen, I wasn't even trying to trigger it yet. I think I also was near the exit door then.

• I THINK I'VE FOUND IT.

Click on the alcohol barrels several times and the normal soup barrel several times, then go to the left. That worked for me.

Add Comment