User Avatar Image

Deleted!

posted by warning756 on - last edited - Viewed by 289 users

Whenever I play Poker Night(downloaded for mac) it will play like normal, but if I don't play it for one day, and then play it the day after all my memory will be erased. Is this supposed to happen? Am I supposed to play it everyday? Please help.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We can't help you if you keep forgetting stuff, man.

  • @Gman5852 said: No telltale dont give a shit about people like you for complaining about a game. You dont even sound like you care about the game. Go back to the TF2 forums and complain about valve giving us all free keys.


    You can lick TTG's asses as much as you wish here. I did care about the game. I've preordered it long before announcement about any items just because of characters and poker. And I did enjoy the game. Before it deleted my stats, tables and decks once before patch and second time after.
    But as soon as I've seen in this forum, that developer basically got what they wanted with this game (money, especially from tf2 players) they forgot about it. I believe so must we.
    @Gman5852 said: You guys are retarded, not you gman, your cool, but everyone else here, you're retarded
    You are here too, you know. As retarded as anyone else here ;)

  • The most curious thing is though, my save stats were never deleted.

  • @[»Twilight« said: ;434069']You can lick TTG's asses as much as you wish here. I did care about the game. I've preordered it long before announcement about any items just because of characters and poker. And I did enjoy the game. Before it deleted my stats, tables and decks once before patch and second time after.
    But as soon as I've seen in this forum, that developer basically got what they wanted with this game (money, especially from tf2 players) they forgot about it. I believe so must we.



    Well, if they really cared about money, they wouldn't sell it for only 5 bucks. It's almost guaranteed that lifeless TF2 players would buy that game for 15 bucks just for the items. Although, well, apart from the hats, items do suck when it comes to their actual use.

    It's a game that offers only some time of fun so, there is no point of discussing over it that harshly anyway. We all know we'll forget about this game after all the dialouges go old. I know you may want to see all the decks and tables but really, you can see them by searching on internet too. It's not the same as unlocking them by yourself and proving that you deserve it, but if the game does that to you, this means you deserve it. And well, apart from the tables, decks and your poker statistics that does not really matter, it's the same game and you're not missing much.

    @[»Twilight« said: The most curious thing is though, my save stats were never deleted.

    Same here. Happens to some I assume o_ô

  • @Falanca said: Well, if they really cared about money, they wouldn't sell it for only 5 bucks.


    Don't be delusional, we all aware that game developers are not charity organizations. Even though this game is very fun and worth so much more then other crap that comming out nowadays, it doesn't worth more then $5. Price is quite fair for just a poker game with one playable level, and set of animations and dialogs for 4 main characters. I'm pretty sure that TTG's marketing department did the math, like there more then twice as many people who will buy this game for $5, then those who will for $10. And I'm sure that TF items were included not just because TTG love Team Fortress, and that sales not just covered development costs.

    The thing is, there are developers who care not just about money, at least not only during development stage. TTG apparently not amongst them in this case.

    @Falanca said: The most curious thing is though, my save stats were never deleted.
    @Falanca said: Same here. Happens to some I assume o_ô
    Don't worry guys, it's just a matter of time when this will happen to you, sooner or later. Just play the game :)
    If you don't believe me, ask this smartass Gman5852, who thought same as you before today.

  • @[»Twilight« said: ;434092']If you don't believe me, ask this smartass Gman5852, who thought same as you before today.



    True very very true.
    but I backed up my files so its all good for me:D
    Also I never once said it wouldnt happen to me. Just that you really shouldn't get all mad at telltale saying they dont care and stuff.

  • Or (indirectly / discretely) insult other members for that matter.

  • @[»Twilight« said: ;434092']Don't be delusional, we all aware that game developers are not charity organizations. Even though this game is very fun and worth so much more then other crap that comming out nowadays, it doesn't worth more then $5. Price is quite fair for just a poker game with one playable level, and set of animations and dialogs for 4 main characters. I'm pretty sure that TTG's marketing department did the math, like there more then twice as many people who will buy this game for $5, then those who will for $10. And I'm sure that TF items were included not just because TTG love Team Fortress, and that sales not just covered development costs.

    The thing is, there are developers who care not just about money, at least not only during development stage. TTG apparently not amongst them in this case.



    The first poker game Telltale made was also being sold, but much later than its development. It was actually a pilot game of theirs, to test their game making engine. Then they thought they could also make a little amount of money off of that. If you made a game with your friends for testing your capabilities you'd also try to make little bucks out of it. It doesn't automatically make you a businessman.

    With that said, I should remind you of people paying 20$ just for being killed in a "style" in TF2. It would still sell. I wouldn't buy it, you wouldn't either, but they would make their profit.

    It's not the point and well, the behavior of "Telltale is eating my candy" because of a savegame bug in a game that has "only one level" is a good example of exaggeration. You're right about your argument, yes, but the way you defend your arguments decreases your credibility.

  • Everything fine guys, I don't like to hear like I don't care or came from tf forums (lulz) either.
    I still have hope (of course!) they'll fix it someday, but I'm really disappointed with absence of reply from devs concerning this bug. Like they don't read this part of forums anymore. 'cause they replied a lot before release, it's not that hard to leave one message now, doesn't it? Not to ask once for dxdiag (I can't see how this is related to savegame management), to leave some real reply that can show their awareness of the issue and tell if it's going to be fixed. I'm not exluding bad scenario, if they decided to spent costs on new projects rather then on patches, I can understand such decision. But if they really care not just about money, they could reply.
    Oh yeah, and happy New Year everyone :)

  • Well, when Poker Night first came out it was a lot more buggier than that. The game was patched but they also did express how it costed them extra to come up with the patch. For a 5$ game a secondary patch is too much work for them, maybe, especially when they have to deal with so many other stuff. The patch fixed many problems but left one or two bugs, such as this. Keep in mind that a lot of people thought that Main Pot - Side Pot confusion was a lot more important than other bugs this game has.

    Telltale is one of the most forum friendly game developer companies of today, but lately the problems with new BTTF season and shippings do take their all time, plus I GUESS they feel a little uncomfortable with so many pointless complaints (usually about BTTF), usually ending with "I'm not buying from Telltale ever again durrhurr" so their own forum traffic has decreased.

Add Comment