User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 17.4K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

564 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Hee Ho Ho said: telltale have been thinking ever since MI4 how they were gonna release TOMI. that's how much thought went in to it. :P telltale's whole reputation stand on the next MI!!! it's most likely never gna happen

telltale's been lazy this year, S&M came out april of this year and that's it. in 09 they released 2 games.

i would love another MI but little chance.

Is it true that TTG actually went to the trouble of re-recording lechuck original for the last few episodes available on dvd form?

Lazy? What about Back to The Future? Haven't played it yet since it was kinda before my time, but it looks pretty darn good!

Anyway, I do have a hope for a new Tales of Monkey Island as the next reveal or after Jurassic Park. If we keep buying the games, it surely shows that we have some interest in 'em, right? I have been a bit on the lazy side, and short on cash side, but I think I'll buy Sam & Max season 3 and BTTF soon! As soon as I finish up some other games I have lying around~

• @Irishmile said: Yeah ... as much as I would love ToMI2 .... I am really starting to think its never going to happen.

I still have hope. In fact, I have more than hope; I have faith. Dan Connors said that they would "love to do more [MI seasons]". So, I wouldn't start fretting.

• @Irishmile said: Yeah ... as much as I would love ToMI2 .... I am really starting to think its never going to happen.

Of course it is gonna happen! It's just a matter of time. Why would Telltale kill a milking cow just when they got started? :confused:

• @Testikkeli said: Of course it is gonna happen! It's just a matter of time. Why would Telltale kill a milking cow just when they got started? :confused:

The problem is that it's really not up to Telltale to decide, the decision lies in the hands of the licence holder, LucasArts (a company not known for making the wisest of moves). LucasArts' previous president Darrell Rodriguez was largely the man responsible for giving us not only the two special editions of Monkey Island but also for allowing Telltale to create ToMI. Now that Paul Meegan has taken the reigns as president, I'd say that any further Tales are rather uncertain at the moment.

I know that I won't be banking on it ever happening, although I'd love to play another installment as much as Telltale would love to create one.

• @Davies said: The problem is that it's really not up to Telltale to decide, the decision lies in the hands of the licence holder, LucasArts (a company not known for making the wisest of moves). LucasArts' previous president Darrell Rodriguez was largely the man responsible for giving us not only the two special editions of Monkey Island but also for allowing Telltale to create ToMI. Now that Paul Meegan has taken the reigns as president, I'd say that any further Tales are rather uncertain at the moment.

I know that I won't be banking on it ever happening, although I'd love to play another installment as much as Telltale would love to create one.

i think lucasarts should jus give ttgames the rights or whatever. i mean lucasarts is all star wars now with no real commitment to anything else. i played the force unleashed 2. it looked brill but the end result was quite rubbish

• I hope to see a sequel soon I thought ToMI was pretty awesome== link lucasarts to my post let them see what the fans want

• @Hee Ho Ho said: i think lucasarts should jus give ttgames the rights or whatever.

That wouldn't be a LucasArts move, though. They would rather leech off of the series for as long as they can instead of doing what's right with the franchise.

It would be nice if Ron Gilbert owned, so that the franchise would be in the hands of some-one with an actual soul somebody who actually cares about the series, not about making money out of the series.

• Fnerg, hack, squeegl!

This has got to be the worst argument ever! I don't particularly agree or disagree with any of the points made because in the majority of cases they're riddled with logical fallacy. The two worst being Straw Man argument (This is like this so it's wrong) and appeals to anonymous/ambiguous authority (Someone said blah blah blah, I read this article yada yada).

If someone would be so kind as to provide links to said press releases that would really help clear things up. The only real link was to an E3 video where a guy said tales is set after an "imaginary 5th game" and quotes from some guy named Jake (quoted but not referenced (as in linked to the original post/article/source)). I honestly don't think (in my own opinion) that this statement was intended to imply a space holder for a 5th game, but as I don't make such decisions that's just speculation.

Also the thread doesn't seem to have been answered (it sort of devolved into a debate about semantics) so I guess a rewording would be advised:

Are there any plans for any further games in the Monkey Island Franchise by anyone?

Geeze, gotta love net forums for blowing things out of proportion :S

Incidentally I loved Tales Of, the only thing I thought it was missing was a visit to monkey island, the cannibals, and Herman...oh and Murray doing a great big boo at the end of the game (seriously, long dark patch and no boo? Though I guess that may just have been my PC taking it's time loading)

EDIT: Oh, having forgotten the recent new year I've only just noticed what a terrible necromancer I am, sorry about that.

• wow no one has played mi5 before? jeez take a look at what your missing out on

MI5-fake.jpgcut scene sound

• @SHODANFreeman said: STOP SAYING THAT. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT. THAT WAS A JOKE AAAAAAUAGHHGGAUHGAUHGUAHGUAHGUHAUGH

:headexplode:

I know! do these people expect games between each of the games too? Because each one kind of starts some time after the last game... I guess they should have made a game in between 1 and 2 about how GT got to scabb and between 3-4 showing their months long honeymoon.

Seriously each game hints at adventures prior to where we as the player starts.

Add Comment