506 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Fly

@SHODANFreeman said: Bosco auto-tune song

Actually, it sort of occurred to me how badass that would be a while after I typed that.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

never fear we'll stop him
    *hair hypnotizes them*
    and now we wont

• Finish him!

*pummelings*
    TOASTY!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

why are you attacking me, i'm not the one who posted naked fan art of you on 4chan

• User Avatar Image
    mDt

Why is Jimmy's voice high pitched? It's not high-pitched in the game.

And I hate to say it, but I could do better voices than that, and I suuuuuuuuuck.

• @mDt said: Why is Jimmy's voice high pitched? It's not high-pitched in the game.

And I hate to say it, but I could do better voices than that, and I suuuuuuuuuck.

You know, abridged series tend to veer from it's original counterpart, making it parody...;) But I think that this has potential. I watched it twice and found it to be pretty funny.

• Is true, Weevil and Rex don't really sound like Beavis and Butthead.

• @Fly said: Actually, it sort of occurred to me how badass that would be a while after I typed that.

I want Bosco to sing the Bed Intruder Song

• I dunno. Doesn't quite work to me...I don't quite think the writing or voice is to blame especially, it's just that trying to take a funny series and redubbing it to be funnier is putting a lot of expectations on yourself. I generally think it works better when you do it to something meant to be taken seriously.

• It was funnier the third time I watched it. The first time, I had to stop because the voices were driving me nuts. The second time, I watched the full thing, but the voices were still hard to listen to, so I was left mostly feeling annoyed by it. The third time, though, I was used to the voices and could appreciate the jokes.

I didn't like jabs at the quality of the Telltale Games, because I LIKE the Telltale Games. Still, there were bits that managed to make me laugh.

TOP THREE FUNNY MOMENTS:

1) "DRIVING!"

2) "Aw, HELL naw. First the KKK, and now this?!"

3) "I have got to stop taking drugs." (Only really because I love the totally flat way it's said.)

HONORABLE MENTION:
    "We'll probably be able to snap them out of it by reasoning with them."
    (*bonk* *bop* *bonk*)
    "... Or we can do that."

I think I'd like to see more episodes, mostly because I'd like to see an abridged version of the Devil's Playhouse. Also, since I've only recently played through Donkey Kong Country Returns, I'm still in that state of mind where any outside references to the game makes me slightly giddy, so I liked the use of the hypnosis music.

(So basically, I mostly liked it. It was ok.)

Add Comment