User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park SNES

posted by Jtucker1789 on - last edited - Viewed by 724 users

Anyone else played this game? I thought it was freakin hard!..it was dramatic and the music was nice..anyone else ever jump when they saw this:

snes57.png

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh yeah, I had both the SNES & Genesis games. Cause back then, they were the bomb. Graphics, sound, gameplay, truly good stuff. (Well, better than the NES/Game Boy one that is.) I remember in the SNES how much fun / scarry it was at the time for a 11 year old to go into the 1st person buildings. Yeah...I had to learn the hard way, if you enter the pich black rooms Without the night-vision gogles...well, your dead. (Needless to say, I'll never made that mistake again.)

• I got the game not too long ago to play on my dusty SNES. It was hard and a bit confusing, plus I couldn't get the SNES mouse to work with it so either I keep doing something wrong or the internet lied to me! Also back in the day I had the Game Gear version of Jurassic Park. Very fun and had a blast beating it.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: Have I played it? lol I still own it and played it a few months ago.
    I actually have several Jurassic Park games in my collection. I have...

Jurassic Park Trespasser (PC)
    Jurassic Park (SNES)
    Jurassic Park (NES)
    Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues (SNES)
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park (PS1)
    Jurassic Park: Operation Gennisis (PS2)

I'm still trying to hunt down some other Jurassic Park games and I am eagerly awaiting TellTales game to add to my collection as well.

My only upset is that since this is a downloadable game I won't have any physical box or manual to put on the shelf next to these games.

If it's gonna be like any other TellTale season, at the end of the season you can get the DVD. ;)

I have The Lost World and Warpath on PS1, and Operation Genesis on my laptop. OpGen is my favorite cause I love watching the dinosaurs interact. Though, I had to download a behavior mod for it...the Triceratops kept attacking Tyrannosaurs that just bedded down for a nap.:confused:

• yeah, the AI in that game did get weird sometimes. lol

The one that got to me the most was the one that made the visitors not walk around the entire park. For some reason any turn there was in the road they would not take it. So I had to build my parks like a cross. Two roads that crossed each other on the center of the island, with 4 entrences on each end.

• My only upset is that since this is a downloadable game I won't have any physical box or manual to put on the shelf next to these games.

It is safe to assume that (the same as always) TTG will make a DVD copy of the whole five-part game availible when the episodic process is over.

So, you will have a case to place next to the other games. :)

• I wouldn't say its 100% likely that there will be a DVD... but pretty close... probably like 99.9%.... but you never know.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: Have I played it? lol I still own it and played it a few months ago.
    I actually have several Jurassic Park games in my collection. I have...

Jurassic Park Trespasser (PC)
    Jurassic Park (SNES)
    Jurassic Park (NES)
    Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues (SNES)
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park (PS1)
    Jurassic Park: Operation Gennisis (PS2)

I'm still trying to hunt down some other Jurassic Park games and I am eagerly awaiting TellTales game to add to my collection as well.

My only upset is that since this is a downloadable game I won't have any physical box or manual to put on the shelf next to these games.

Trespasser will forever be my favourite JP game despite the reviews (unless Telltale comes up with something truly special). I remember somebody ripped the dialogue files from the game and created a top notch audiobook out of it. It still is Jurassic Park gold, better voice acting than any other videogame I've played largely due to Sir Richard Attenborough.

• Yes, the voice acting with Sir Richard Attenborough was really good. Espically the part where you're turning the power back on.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: Yes, the voice acting with Sir Richard Attenborough was really good. Espically the part where you're turning the power back on.

I agree, there was so much emotion in that scene. It reflected the joy of bringing the idea of Jurassic Park to life, and the remorse of the ultimate fate of both islands.

For anybody interested watch this Let's Play. It's entertaining, informative and very professional. It really gets into the core of what Trespasser is.

Add Comment