User Avatar Image

Demo vs. Paid Version

posted by NeoKeanu on - last edited - Viewed by 346 users

I downloaded the demo for PA a day or so ago and just finished it up today. As I was playing I kept thinking at any moment some message will pop up and ask me to buy the game, but this never happened and I played all the way through to the credits. Can anyone tell me what more I would get out of buying the game? (Outside of showing support for TTG)

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i played the demo but it let me play the wholl game i just beat it

• No. I'll have to try it.

Edit: I just solved the puzzle, and I'm continuing with the game now.

• If you actually got into the eraser factory and solved the puzzles there then you beat the game.

• Yeah... That happened... =)

It's a great game... But I could really play all of it on the demo version...

Strange...

• Just curious if this "demo" version was something you got when you bought Back To The Future. Because if that's the case, then it's not really the demo version. You got the full game as a bonus to that.

• @ricfwolff said: Hey, Ninja!!

I played the demo version yesterday and it ended right when that happens!!
    What is the difference between demo and played?
    Any different puzzles?
    I'm looking at a lot of sites and every one just talk about the same puzzles I've solved...
    I was almos buying the paid version to see what happens after that!!

:eek::confused:

Well here are my thoughts. Either:

[LIST=1]
    [*]The authorization server responded with a valid unlock flag when you started the game (possible)
    [*]You bought Back to the Future and got a free copy (likely)
    [*]You got a cracked version when you went to download it (doubtful)
    [*]You got it from the adventure bundle that Telltale did (maybe)
    [/LIST]

• @Ninja said: Well here are my thoughts. Either:

[LIST=1]
    [*]The authorization server responded with a valid unlock flag when you started the game (possible)
    [*]You bought Back to the Future and got a free copy (likely)
    [*]You got a cracked version when you went to download it (doubtful)
    [*]You got it from the adventure bundle that Telltale did (maybe)
    [/LIST]

I think the first one is the closest... because:
    [LIST=1]
    [*]I downloaded the game through the 'demo' link at the game page.
    [*]I just bought Back to the Future yesterday... After finishing Puzzle Agent.
    [*]No, I did not get a cracked version. I download it through the game page.
    [*]I don't think it's the adventure bundle because I didn't buy anything. Nor downloaded. Just the Agent Puzzle demo.
    [/LIST]

One thought that I had was:
    Maybe this Pilot is free and who bought the game will be able to download the next episodes... Maybe?

• @ricfwolff said: One thought that I had was:
    Maybe this Pilot is free and who bought the game will be able to download the next episodes... Maybe?

I would love that but prob. not since plenty of us got it for free through back to the future so 2 seasons for barely the price of one seems a little off.

Add Comment