User Avatar Image

Savegame troubles (merged threads)

posted by saxysousy on - last edited - Viewed by 6.3K users

How do you save the game if you don't want to play it all at once?

BTW, I LOOOVE it so far. Thank you Telltale for making this game!

168 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I can't get the save function to work right either.

http://imgur.com/4a3Zl&gW1s7l -> http://imgur.com/4a3Zl

I assumed it autosaved because when I went to the save screen, before I closed the game, it said "Emmit's Lab". I had just arrived at emmits lab so since that's where I was I didn't try to save the game. I guess saving the game means clicking on the photo that says "2" on it? The procedure for saving the game isn't clear.

When I click on the photo "1" and then load now, I am taken to... well a way back in the game.

I am not a gamer, but I am a fan of the series. I don't really have all the time in the world to play through this part again.

• User Avatar Image
    crb

~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/BackToTheFuture101/

• Oh yes, here they are. Thank you so much.

• @Ingafoo said: I guess saving the game means clicking on the photo that says "2" on it?

You have to click the photo that says 2, then click the "Save Game" button below it.

savegame.th.jpg

• @Zodler said: I was used to previous Sam and Max games where you quit and then resume the game. It auto-saved when you quit. This doesn't seem to be the case with BTTF. I quit and went back and hit resume and the game had not saved where I quit. I just lost a lot of game play. :mad:

Do I have to manually save each time I quit the game?

Sam and Max didnt autosave like that. It autosaves at certain point just like back to the future.

• @Gman5852 said: Sam and Max didnt autosave like that. It autosaves at certain point just like back to the future.

The difference is I didn't have any problems with the autosave in sam and max. In this game it says I am further in the game than I am. After I click on it, it doesn't take me to where it says it saved.

• Hello everyone,

am I missing something or is it not possible to have the same progress on my different computers? I just got a new computer (where i can up the settings and play smoothly) and I'd like to transfer all the progress I've done in my previsou system. Any help? hints?

Also, is there any benefit on registering my non-steam version of the game in my steam account?

Thanks in advance!

• Find the folder containing all of the BTTF game files(try searching for it in the memory), and in there should be the current saves and auto-save files. If you just transport that file you want between computers, you'll have the same progress. When I did it, the game had the file but none of the date/progress was shown on the load game screen. After loading it the progress was correct. Hope this was clear enough.

• mathman77: I found the windows save game file. Thing is I don't know where to paste it in the OSX system (the new computer). Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Add Comment