User Avatar Image

Deleted!

posted by warning756 on - last edited - Viewed by 291 users

Whenever I play Poker Night(downloaded for mac) it will play like normal, but if I don't play it for one day, and then play it the day after all my memory will be erased. Is this supposed to happen? Am I supposed to play it everyday? Please help.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Telltale, unlike other companies(steam/valve) care about us, besides it's not like we are going to have to wait for these things just like half life episode 3

• After doing some "research" I realized that there is defenently something wrong with the saves, not the game. The saves delete themselves not through a game glitch but on its own. By that I mean I had a save on my flashdrive with a bunch of tables and decks unlocked without the game itself on the flashdrive, just the saves and IT deleted itself. Now that I think of it. Both saves were from my old crappy laptop and I still have it. I wonder did those saves deleted themselves too.
    If so then it really is a matter of time before they all delete themselves.
    EDIT: or maybee there is a glitch where the game refuses to read saves hmmmm.

• @Gman5852 said: ... I realized that there is defenently something wrong with the saves, not the game. The saves delete themselves not through a game glitch but on its own...

"saves delete themselves"
    Dude, what are you smoking? :)
    Saves are just bunch of data, it's the game engine who reads/writes them.

• @[»Twilight« said: ;438188']"saves delete themselves"
    Dude, what are you smoking? :)
    Saves are just bunch of data, it's the game engine who reads/writes them.

Im not best on technical terms.

What I mean is I had a backup game data and IT deleted itself.
    Like you said the game engine could have screwed up and not have read it, but it seems to read any other save just fine.
    That makes me think the "saves deleted themselves".
    Of course I could have worded it a lot better.

• Post it to Telltale support or something, perhaps they can gain research data and upgrade their staff or use certain boost items. No wait, that was just a game.

• Just saying, my save deleted today. At least, on the TTG version. I'm not sure about the Steam version. In case you want to know, it was the day immediately after I unlocked the final deck/title.. whatever you get last. I already had the TF2 items as well. Basically, I had beat the game.

I'm not mad, in fact, I consider it a bit of replay value ( and it reset my horrible stats, but now that I know how to play poker, I look a bit better anyway :) )! However, it is a bit disappointing to have lost it... but I wanted to say those few details in case they were of any help.

EDIT - Oh. Well. Now every time I close the game, it erases my data. Now that's what I can annoying. Also, steam was also erased. :(

• I know what you mean, it happened to me twice, the second time I backed up my files religiously and somehow the backups still take me to the point of everything missing. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!?!?! telltale are you even able to make this not happen anymore, because if backups don't work I have no idea what to do anymore. this game has become impossible to use I don't know what to do anymore. I jst can't play this game until tell tale fixes this.

• @nahnah390 said: I know what you mean, it happened to me twice, the second time I backed up my files religiously and somehow the backups still take me to the point of everything missing. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!?!?! telltale are you even able to make this not happen anymore, because if backups don't work I have no idea what to do anymore. this game has become impossible to use I don't know what to do anymore. I jst can't play this game until tell tale fixes this.

Yes. Somehow the backups delete themselves too.
    It sadly looks like telltale wont fix this because they apparantly lost a lot of money on the last patch.
    Man Telltales quality really hasnt been its best:(

• Thankfully, my data has not been deleting itself (bought at Telltale, used code and play through Steam). But I don't know what in the game could cause it. Either the game is incompatible with the computer, or the computer itself is doing something weird. Can you install it on a different machine and try it there? I know it's not the most helpful advice.

Add Comment