User Avatar Image

Demo vs. Paid Version

posted by NeoKeanu on - last edited - Viewed by 366 users

I downloaded the demo for PA a day or so ago and just finished it up today. As I was playing I kept thinking at any moment some message will pop up and ask me to buy the game, but this never happened and I played all the way through to the credits. Can anyone tell me what more I would get out of buying the game? (Outside of showing support for TTG)

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I downloaded the demo today and was pleasantly surprised to have gotten the full game.
    I haven't bought any games to have been given the game free.
    I'm not complaining though!;):D

  • @floweroftheforest said: I downloaded the demo today and was pleasantly surprised to have gotten the full game.
    I haven't bought any games to have been given the game free.
    I'm not complaining though!;):D

    I wonder if Telltale knows they're giving the game away for free, then.

  • Maybe they're too busy - as usual - rushing and hurring for games conversions on the 134th new hardware platform, to notice and beta-testing even their own safety procedures.
    The Free-Game-Instead-Of-The-Demo bug it's just another bug on a Telltale game, just like the Save bug on Poker Night or the missing cutscene trigger in BTTF.
    But for once the bug is against the software house and not against the player.
    I'm sorry that they're giving away the game for free, and losing money, but it's what they deserve for having too much projects going on and too few (or poor) beta-testing.


    Where are the old TT games that were technically almost perfect and without bugs from day-0?

  • We've known about this for a while and are working to take it down. The demo hasn't been a demo since we fixed to work with the high end video cards.

    But it's not something we can just press delete on.

  • @Bloody


    Telltale is not like Nintendo, Treyarch, or Sony, they are making awesome games like these in a month, you can't exspect them to be perfect. Telltale has never delayed a game....... Have they?

  • @homsarthesong said: @Bloody


    Telltale is not like Nintendo, Treyarch, or Sony, they are making awesome games like these in a month, you can't exspect them to be perfect. Telltale has never delayed a game....... Have they?



    They delayed sbcg4ap because they didnt know how bad nintendo's approval system was.
    That is why tales came out before the wiiware version and how puzzle agent has yet to come out.

  • @homsarthesong said: @Bloody


    Telltale is not like Nintendo, Treyarch, or Sony, they are making awesome games like these in a month, you can't exspect them to be perfect.



    If I go in a restaurant, I want food properly cooked.
    If they give me uncooked meat, I don't eat it even if they have a quick-super-fast-ultra-speedy service.

  • @Bloody Eugene said: If I go in a restaurant, I want food properly cooked.
    If they give me uncooked meat, I don't eat it even if they have a quick-super-fast-ultra-speedy service.


    But if the Restaurant was small and had a lot of orders, would you wait for 2-4 hours to bring you a properly cooked food or for 40 mins to bring you a not so cooked one?

  • @Bloody Eugene said: If I go in a restaurant, I want food properly cooked.
    If they give me uncooked meat, I don't eat it even if they have a quick-super-fast-ultra-speedy service.

    What about fast food? Properly cooked food in a matter of minutes, but it's certainly not gourmet.

  • @markeres said: What about fast food? Properly cooked food in a matter of minutes, but it's certainly not gourmet.


    But Telltale makes new games, they don't heat them again.

Add Comment