User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 18.2K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

564 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dear Telltale,

If you don't really want it... Can I haz Monkey Island rights?

Thanks, TomPravetz

• I prefer episodic to standalone games and not to be too pessimistic I don't think there might be another monkey island game unless telltale manages to come up with an even bigger plot than Tales. I hate to say this but there really isn't any scope for anymore stories because everything has been said and done, from guybrush dying , lechuck turning human etc. I would be quite frankly, suprised if telltale got hold of a more diabolical plot.

However on the bright side this is telltale we are talking about here and we can
    completely trust them to come up with something.
    or maybe I'm just hyperventilating.
    Cheers!!

• Sorry there is a largo embargo on these forums. Please restrain from mentioning him.

:)

• Sure, why not? Everyone's entitled to want another game or not, or to enjoy it, or hate it, and TTG if it has the license will be/ is entitled to do what they want.

If they discover it's profitable or not...

blah blah blah...

There is no right or wrong answer here, only a sequence of events that may or may not lead to another game...

• User Avatar Image
    dra

they may make it after their done with the back to the future and Jurassic park games

• So you want something less repetitive (as in a constant in each game), how about no Monkey Island in a game that's name derives from this central feature.

Nor was there some wacky retcon explaining the absence of Monkey Island.

• @Griswald Goodsoup said: So you want something less repetitive (as in a constant in each game), how about no Monkey Island in a game that's name derives from this central feature.

Nor was there some wacky retcon explaining the absence of Monkey Island.

Princess Zelda wasnt in all the Zelda games either!

• @Irishmile said: I usually do not condone trolling... but I am tempted to suggest we troll the heck out of Lucasarts official forum.... like everyone here starting a new thread all requesting a sequel to ToMI.

You know.... I actually feel this is a good idea! I mean, what's the worst that can happen? They can...uh...BAN us! Oooooh!

Heh, seriously...wanna gather up a team and start charging on their forums? We don't take prisoners and I get all the candy, deal?

The only (serious) rule would be that we actually write a clever thing in our thread. Not just "PLZ TOMI2 LOL!". No, I strongly suggest that, if you guys are up to it, we all write (as much as everyone feels like) the reasons for which we want TOMI2 and why we want TellTale to develop it.

Who's with us?

• I'm willing to join in on this sensible invasion.

Add Comment