User Avatar Image

Riddles of Monkey Island: time to recruit for this fan game!

posted by OzzieMonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 6.5K users

Yes, that's right, I'm making a monkey island fan game after the fan game post on the tales blog (thanks SWP) inspired me to do so. Only
thing is, it's just the highway and me working on it, so I want you guys, the MI fan community to pitch in and help
make a successful game, whether that's giving story ideas or volunteering for a specific position. I'm also going to be holding auditions for voice actors aswel ( although guybrush is taken, well, at least one of them, hehe), but for now any contributions to content would be great.

Cheers,
Matt.

235 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My personal wish: some red herring items like the ones found in the snake's stomach in CMI. This is one of my favourite things in CMI and adventure games in general.
    thecurseofmonkeyislandl.jpg

• We'll see what we can do ;). We're doing something a little similar towards the end of the game.

• How are you guys doing this, are you in contact with each other via email, or do you have a sight you are working together on? (dont worry im not asking for the site if you are on one.)

• @Chidgos said: Just come across this today. Loving the idea and some really great assets coming along too. I would love to get involved somehow with the creation of this game. I have many different skills that could be used in many different areas. What kind of roles do you have going? Just out of curiosity.

Good work guys.

Ooh, sorry, I seem to have missed this comment. Yes, we are still looking for recruits and further additions to the team. We really are mostly after artists and animators, so if you can help out in those areas, then that would be great. Of course, we'll need a small sample of your work (if you're planning on contributing artistically). Just out of interest, have you worked on any similar projects in the past?

@Chidgos said: How are you guys doing this, are you in contact with each other via email, or do you have a sight you are working together on? (dont worry im not asking for the site if you are on one.)

Well, initially, we started out planning on Google Wave. But things got a little hectic and disorganized, so we moved to a private forum. Things are much better there, and we're moving a lot quicker and smoother.

I'm not sure if I should be blurting all of this, but I see no harm in doing so.

• @Hayden said: Ooh, sorry, I seem to have missed this comment. Yes, we are still looking for recruits and further additions to the team. We really are mostly after artists and animators, so if you can help out in those areas, then that would be great. Of course, we'll need a small sample of your work (if you're planning on contributing artistically). Just out of interest, have you worked on any similar projects in the past?

Well, initially, we started out planning on Google Wave. But things got a little hectic and disorganized, so we moved to a private forum. Things are much better there, and we're moving a lot quicker and smoother.

I'm not sure if I should be blurting all of this, but I see no harm in doing so.

Thanks, cant wait for the game.

• @Hayden said: Ooh, sorry, I seem to have missed this comment. Yes, we are still looking for recruits and further additions to the team. We really are mostly after artists and animators, so if you can help out in those areas, then that would be great. Of course, we'll need a small sample of your work (if you're planning on contributing artistically). Just out of interest, have you worked on any similar projects in the past?

Well ive done a lot of animation in the past both 3d and 2d. Would help if i knew what graphical style you are using so i could maybe make some sample work for you to see. Ive never worked on a fan game before but have done lots of solo game stuff like mods, level design, animation, creating assets etc. What exactly are you using to create the game just so i could do some research and stuff to see what tools i will need to use.

• if anybody here wants to work on sam and max stuff, we really need help on the sam and max fan game project

• @Chidgos said: Well ive done a lot of animation in the past both 3d and 2d. Would help if i knew what graphical style you are using so i could maybe make some sample work for you to see. Ive never worked on a fan game before but have done lots of solo game stuff like mods, level design, animation, creating assets etc. What exactly are you using to create the game just so i could do some research and stuff to see what tools i will need to use.

I'll send you a sample of the artistic style we're going for. It sounds like you'd be a great addition to the team, going off what you've said here.

And we'll be using AGS.

• Aw man! I'd love to work on a Sam and Max project.:(

• How's it going? When can we expect the trailer?

Add Comment