User Avatar Image

Sam & Max in Japan?

posted by crashblast23 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

That would be interesting.

Though based on Japanese voice acting culture, I would imagine Max being voiced by a girl...

EDIT 1/13/10: Hey, since we all seem to have this much faith into this thing, how about we actually have everyone pitch-in and create a dub for the animated Sam & Max episode "Aaiiieee Robot"? I know it's a longshot, but I believe with a lot of teamwork and time we could absolutely do it! :D

For those that wanna join the project, simply post and state what you'll be doing to help out!

What we need:

*Japanese translators
*Japanese dub script writers
*Voice actors who can read and pronounce Hiragana fluently
*If possible, a copy of the episode "Aaiiieee Robot" with the sound effects, music and no voices (for dubbing)
*Other great people that think they can help out in some way

Q&A:

Q: Why Japanese?

A: Mostly because Japan's never heard of Sam & Max: Freelance Police and we want to let the country know about it. Not only that, we also actually have a surprisingly good amount of Japanese speakers right here in the Telltale forums, ready to do this project.

Q: Do I have to know Japanese in order to help out?

A: Absolutely not, if you think there's a Japanese-free way which you can help out on, feel welcome to do it.

Q: Who's idea was it to dub "Aiiieee Robot"?

A: Steve Purcell himself! Nah, not really... But out of ALL his 18 posts in the entire time he's been in the Telltale forums, he posted the link to the episode in this topic. Giving us the idea of dubbing that episode.

Q: When can we expect the whole dubbed episode to be ready?

A: In a long while. At least more than 6 months I think. We gotta recruit members, write a script, record voices, edit the episode, etc.

Okay, that's it! I really hope we can get this whole thing through. If we do, that will be an amazing achievement to the Sam & Max fan community! I'll try helping out by doing various things when needed. I'll mostly be supervising the topic and respond to questions about the project though.

がんばって!(good luck!)

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey! I updated the first page, go check it out guys :)

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

I've been silent due to finals, but I'm totally excited to work on this. I can voice Max or the Geek if you need it, too. Been contemplating what Max would sound like if he were in an anime, and I think I've found it.

My last final's today, then I'll start messing with the script this weekend!

• @divisionten said: I've been silent due to finals, but I'm totally excited to work on this. I can voice Max or the Geek if you need it, too. Been contemplating what Max would sound like if he were in an anime, and I think I've found it.

My last final's today, then I'll start messing with the script this weekend!

Awesome. So far the officially confirmed people helping out are:

crashblast23: Various/Supervisor
    divisionten: Voice actor/Script writer

I hope the other guys that wrote the script of a scene from the episode will help out on this too.

• I guess I might have to be out (Can't read hiragana yet.)

Also if you need new sound effects for it, Freesound.org is a good CC site for that.

• @Remolay said: I guess I might have to be out (Can't read hiragana yet.)

Also if you need new sound effects for it, Freesound.org is a good CC site for that.

Like I said in the first page, you don't need to know Japanese to help out. Instead of telling us where you got the sound effects and such, why don't you just be in charge of finding the sounds? Or we can kindly put the script in romaji if you want.

• I speak it at Level One.

But I do have a sexy voice.

• User Avatar Image
    Fly

I'm a music student. Don't speak a word of Japanese, but I know my way around a DAW and can do sound effects and processing (although honestly I'd rather not do it ALONE). I'm willing to help, as far as I know, so sign me up.

• Well, I kinda want to play some form of Sam, so I can probably do it with Romanji. I just give the site because all sounds have to be credited to people who made them, and I'm not sure I'd remember all of the credits.

• @crashblast23 said: Awesome. So far the officially confirmed people helping out are:

I hope the other guys that wrote the script of a scene from the episode will help out on this too.

Hey, I'm on board too if you want.

• current project members:

Fly: Sound effects
    Scrander: Script writer
    Remolay: Possible voice actor

Add Comment