User Avatar Image

Vista Gadget - Countdown to Ice Station Santa

posted by Guybrush Threepwood on - last edited - Viewed by 697 users

http://h1.ripway.com/sammaxhalloween/SNMGadget.zip
Here is a little Vista gadget I made for people to use. It displays the days remaining until the release date of Ice Station Santa. Nothing special really. :)

Unzip the download and bung it in your %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets folder.

I did try using some Ice Station Santa images for it, but they looked really poor because I had to shrink them down to fit them onto something this size.

preview.pngSidenote to Emily/whoever - Yeah, you can ignore the email. I'll send something else soon. I realised that ISS would basically be out by the time it is over.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As a MacUser, I did a Mac OS X Widget ^^

You can find it here ! Just double-click on it, and voila !

boscowidget.png

(and please, correct me if it sounds bad, I understand english but I do a lot of mistakes myself ^^ it seems correct to me but... can't know ^^)

• Well what d'ya know, this is on the You ♥ The Internet section on Telltale's site. :D

• Yohmi: I am not a Mac user, so I can't try your counter myself; but the preview you posted looks fine as far as the English is concerned. Good job!

You too Guybrush.

• I'm using Windows XP, I downloaded your counter for Windows Vista and it says there are 25 days left when there are actually less. Can you make one for Windows XP?

• @Yohmi said: As a MacUser, I did a Mac OS X Widget ^^

You can find it here ! Just double-click on it, and voila !

boscowidget.png

(and please, correct me if it sounds bad, I understand english but I do a lot of mistakes myself ^^ it seems correct to me but... can't know ^^)

Oh, thanks! I'm a mac user too!

However, good work, Guybrush!

• [quote=Zachspyfox033;43904]I'm using Windows XP, I downloaded your counter for Windows Vista and it says there are 25 days left when there are actually less. Can you make one for Windows XP?[/quote]

It is counting down for the worldwide (Telltale's site) release date. :)

Do you mean a sidebar gadget for Windows XP? Or just something you can put on your desktop?

...oh, and thanks everyone. :D

• User Avatar Image
    Seg

I have Yohmi's widget on my Dashboard right now. While it's a countdown for when you receive it, it's a countdown for me on when to ship. Different needs, mutual benefit! I have a few notes on Yohmi's widget. I don't know if this applies to Guybrush's as I haven't cracked it open.

The way the widget is coded, the time is calculated only within the timezone of the client's computer. Unless your computer is set to PST (-8:00 GMT), the countdown is off epically for outside North America. Also, we are not releasing on 00:01 of launch day. The best I can say is "sometime after 09:00 PST (-8:00 GMT)". As in, it won't be released sooner, but may arrive sometime later.

Actually... how would you all feel if I took these widgets as a base and made an uber widget for all episodes? I'll put in the notes above and add a switch between Telltale and Gametap modes. It's been a few months since I worked on any HTML, longer for widgets, and I don't want to get rusty.

• It would be great, it is my first widget and I just followed a little tutorial made by Macworld :)
    And thank you Mystinsun and krin for your comments :)

• [quote=Seg;43916]I have Yohmi's widget on my Dashboard right now. While it's a countdown for when you receive it, it's a countdown for me on when to ship. Different needs, mutual benefit! I have a few notes on Yohmi's widget. I don't know if this applies to Guybrush's as I haven't cracked it open.

The way the widget is coded, the time is calculated only within the timezone of the client's computer. Unless your computer is set to PST (-8:00 GMT), the countdown is off epically for outside North America. Also, we are not releasing on 00:01 of launch day. The best I can say is "sometime after 09:00 PST (-8:00 GMT)". As in, it won't be released sooner, but may arrive sometime later.

Actually... how would you all feel if I took these widgets as a base and made an uber widget for all episodes? I'll put in the notes above and add a switch between Telltale and Gametap modes. It's been a few months since I worked on any HTML, longer for widgets, and I don't want to get rusty.[/quote]

Oh, mine is nothing special. Just a basic countdown script. :) I was going to make it so you could switch between Gametap and Telltale time, but I couldn't be bothered*.

Edit - It is also my first widget! :D

*didn't know how to.

• User Avatar Image
    Seg

The bugger with developing this thing for OS X is that Leopard's release is eminent. By the time this is finished, some new wiz-bang feature will come down the pipe that I'd like to play with, but I'll live.

As far as releases, I'll be working on this on and off, but the Mac version will be out first. That's mainly because I already have my trusty old PowerBook right here and know the SDK versus the Vista box across the desk from me. Any one out there good at converting Mac Widgets with Vista Widgets (oh, I mean 'Gadgets')?

Add Comment