User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 20.1K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Last movie I watched was Metal Gear Solid 4.

Pretty epic! 10/11

• @Secret Fawful said:

Secret Fawful's Top Five Movies of 2010

1. Shutter Island

I remember, I was totally gonna shout at you for this, but I was too lazy to post at the time. Anyways, what the hell man? Shit sucked!

• @Origami said: Last movie I watched was Metal Gear Solid 4.

Pretty epic! 10/11

I'll still have to play watch that. It's sitting on my shelf... staring at me.

• Schindler's Liste 9/10, great movie in almost every aspect.

• @JedExodus said: I remember, I was totally gonna shout at you for this, but I was too lazy to post at the time. Anyways, what the hell man? Shit sucked!

I only have one thing to say to you, Mr. I Don't Watch Cowboy Bebop The Coolest Show Ever.

Anyway. On to what I have seen.

The Land That Time Forgot (2009) - 0/11 - STAY AWAY FROM ASYLUM MOVIES. Turned it off after twenty or so minutes.

Battlefield Earth - 0/11 - An entertainingly bad movie, like Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Twilight - 0/11 - This movie is a bland, boring piece o' shit. However, add Rifftrax commentary, and it becomes an instant classic! Which is what I did, as I only watched this movie to hear it made fun of.

MST3K: Pod People - 11/11

MST3K: Devil Fish - 11/11

The Great Race - 11/11 -
    Jack Lemmon's best role is this film's villain. Blake Edwards once again proves himself as a slapstick master, and this is honestly my favorite of his films.

Visit to A Small Planet - 4/11 - Jerry Lewis tries to rip off My Favorite Martian or sort of anyway, and while Jerry always makes me laugh, this movie on the whole is too bland for him to fix. It just kind of ends too, leaving you with an empty feeling, and making Earth and Earthlings look like evil assholes. The storylines the movie set out to do just get tossed out the window by the end, making the whole thing pointless.

The Scalphunters - 10/11 - Quite possibly the best Burt Lancaster westerns I've ever seen. He plays a racist cowboy who goes on a journey with a black man and gets taught a lesson about the equality of man. I won't spoil anymore, but this movie has one of the best, most satisfying endings I've seen in years.

• @Secret Fawful said: The Great Race - 11/11 - Jack Lemmon's best role is this film's villain. Blake Edwards once again proves himself as a slapstick master, and this is honestly my favorite of his films.

YES. I caught the last 3/4 of the movie a couple months ago and have been dying to get my hands on it ever since. Finally, I managed to get it and haven't had a chance to watch it since. I had thought that Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis were brilliant together in Some Like it Hot, and The Great Race absolutely managed to surpass that. Easily one of my favorite movies now.

• MacGruber - 8.5/10

Just got this from Netflix for the hell of it, didn't really expect to enjoy it. It was genuinely funny and just plain awesome. Could've done without some parts (the celery distraction comes to mind) but it was great.

• Wonderland, maybeee 7/10, never heard of it before but it was strangely entertaining.

• The Shining - Well, what do I think? IT'S AWFUL. IT'S BORING. NOTHING HAPPENS. Wendy is HORRID. She's a BUFFOON. WHY WAS TONY THERE? TO WARN THEM? IT'S NEVER EXPLAINED. HE'S THERE FOR NO REASON, BECAUSE EVEN IF HE WAS MEANT TO WARN THEM HE DOES SO A LITTLE TOO DAMN LATE. DICK IS THERE FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN TO DIE. EVERYTHING IS ANTICLIMACTIC. There are very few creepy moments, most of the film makes me laugh out loud hysterically (like the ONLY killing scene), few successful horror attempts (admittedly the lady in bathtub and what was on the book pages reveal got me), and I felt like every second of the film was Kubrick's attempt to troll me, even the ones that managed to be scary. Any time Wendy was on screen any semblance of terror was ruined by the fact that LOU COSTELLO IS SMARTER THAN HER. AT LEAST WHEN PEOPLE ARE ACTING WEIRD OR WANT TO KILL HIM HE GETS AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE. It drags on far too long without giving any payoff to almost each scene until you realize that almost every scene that you're supposed to be tense during isn't going to go anywhere. Oh yeah, and when a movie resorts to making someone HANDING A PIECE OF A PAPER TO SOMEONE A JUMP MOMENT ITS A TROLL MOVIE. Congratulations, Kubrick. You have successfully trolled beyond the grave. I tip my hat to you.

Five frozen Jacks-
    xhU79.pngxhU79.pngxhU79.pngxhU79.pngxhU79.png

out of Eleven.

Add Comment