User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 24.8K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Grim Fandango, Toonstruck, Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Broken Sword I, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario All Stars (Not the re-release), Space Quest V, VI and II, King's Quest VI, Police Quest I, II and III, Team Fortress 2, SBCG4AP (replaying it on my Mac) and The Dig. I play a lot of games at once.

• Managed to fix my problem with Re:Chain of Memories. Unfortunately, the solution required me to play the final boss battle at 50% speed to get to my report screen, but I pulled it off!

32-ReChainofMemories-Riku.png

• @der_ketzer said: I plan on starting Gothic 2 this weekend.

Totally forgot about Gothic. Been wanting to play that for a while, I better stop procrastinating and get the games. :p

As for what I am playing hmm, I am still playing Allods Online, and yes it has changed a lot. So I think I will be playing it for a while still, until I get said Gothic. :)

• Yu-Gi-Oh online.

I'm having a real blast with it, (though I have to be careful now, as I've already spent 30 quid on cards! XD).

I'm doing pretty well so far. Out of the 5 duels I've played against other beginners, I've won 4.
    One duel was just epic.

I currently use a deck composed of equips, card destroy cards, and mostly light machine monster cards.

In one duel, on the second turn I think. I had a Victory Viper Card (1200, 1000), activated a continuous trap card that eliminates any level 3 or lower summons on the turn they are summoned, used a equip spell card that boosted its attack by 500 for every spell and trap card (so thats 1000 for the equip card itself, and the trap card), then played a field card which boosted all Light monsters attack by 500, leaving my card with 2800 attack.
    Destroyed my opponents monster, then activated Victory Viper's effect creating a duplicate token, then attacked for over 4000 direct damage, (I had another monster on the field +2800 from the token).

He gave up after that.
    (If I had axe of despair as well, then he would have been even more devastated, as that would have boosted Vic's attack by another 1500 (remember the other equip card's effect! XD)

I think when I get paid, I'm going to try to find out which booster packs give machine or light spell cards, as if I had a couple of those, it would make my deck so much better.
    (Would also love to get the Red, Green, and Yellow gadget cards, and combine them with those machine boosters (Instant army anyone! >:D))

• Finally got Gears of War 2. Very, very fun, but the community is awful. Chock full of "bros" and 12 year olds. Not too annoying when playing a quick vs match, but in Horde? Unbearable. I'd mute 'em, but if they're running strategies, I don't want to be "that guy".

• @GuruGuru214 said: Managed to fix my problem with Re:Chain of Memories. Unfortunately, the solution required me to play the final boss battle at 50% speed to get to my report screen, but I pulled it off!

32-ReChainofMemories-Riku.png

And Im still on REcoded.

Im starting to hate the railshooter mode.
    Also 99% what was that 1%?

• No idea. I didn't know that it was possible to miss things that go in the D-Report or Journal. I might have to go back and look at those just to see what it was.

• Hmm, did you do all minigames in Pooh's world?

Also, were you emulating it?

One of this days I WILL finish that game (**** you Repliku).

Anyways, I'm playing, well, more like reading honestly, "9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors" you guys seriously need to get it, it's AWESOME. If I had to choose the best story in a videogame from last year this would certainly be one of my top choices.

Add Comment