User Avatar Image

"Get Tannen" Predictions (Spoiler warning)

posted by moturu on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Only read the rest if you completly finished the "It's about Time" part. All the way to the credits.

If you are still reading you should know that Marty begins to dissapear like in Part 1. (Original Part 1(the movie)) And then it says that Marty goes back to 1931. I think it's because he gave the subpoena to his grandfather, so Kid Tannen kidnaps him or something and somehow makes Artie dissapear form existense. Or Judge Brown might think that Artie was a bad guy and make Artie dissapear from existence. But in the Synopis (http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf) it says that Kid might erase Jennifer fron the future. I'm not really sure how that happens. Maybe One of the gang members is her grandfather or her grandfather is another guy like Artie that gets pushed around by Kid. Say what you think will happen! :)

Edit: Alright, now we know Officer Parker is Jennifer's Grandpa, and Trixie Trotter is presumably the singer that dissapears. The Information was received by a Telltale email update thing.

Email as follows

"Following the blockbuster series premiere "It's About Time", the second episode of Back to the Future, "Get Tannen!" will be available for download on the PC and Mac this February. That means it's just a few short weeks until you can find out what happens in the second of five monthly chapters of Marty and Doc Brown's new adventure. You'll be able to get your first look at "Get Tannen!" in the official trailer, also coming soon.

We have a special treat for you, the faithful Interloper subscriber: We're pulling back the curtain on two of the characters that appear in "Get Tannen!", Officer Parker and Trixie Trotter. Officer Parker, Jennifer's granddad, is just a good cop caught up in a bad situation. On top of dealing with Kid Tannen and his goons, he also has a time-traveling duo causing him some problems. Trixie Trotter, on the other hand, is a small-town girl with big-city dreams. She may seem like just another mob moll, but she actually has aspirations for greatness.

What do you think is next for Doc and Marty? Speculate and discuss your theories in the comments of our "Get Tannen!" Predictions blog post and forum thread! Get on it butthead!"

We know that the singer dissapears because in one of the newspaper articles in Edna's house, it says a singer dissapears. Keep looking for clues! :D

103 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • All going in the supposed direction, but my question is "Who is Trixie Trotter?"

• I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this possibility -

Is it possible that somebody could discover that Judge Brown had kegs of booze that came from Tannens Speakeasy?

If so, wouldn't most people construe that to mean they had some kind of "business relationship", which would probably get the judge disbarred?

The whole case could be thrown out - and it's possible that Docs dad is arrested or disgraced, which could also alter Docs path.

It may not be that Artie has to die...all he has to do is take a fall for Tannen, somehow.

• Do you think we'll be entering the area underneath the soup kitchen in the second episode? and what does it mean to "get" someone. It could mean pretty much anything.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@PrivateJoker said: Nice!!! I didn't think of that. I always thought Marty's GF was underutilized in the movies. (

Unfortunately, the BTTF game starts out even worse. One of the fundamental rules of storytelling is that you have to show your audience "what's at stake". In "Get Tannen", Jennifer Parker's life will be at stake... and we have never seen her before in the game. Ouch, shouldn't have happened!

@PrivateJoker said: Yeah, we haven't even discussed Trixie Trotter yet. I think it's obviously a stage name, either for Marty's grandmother Sylvia (who looks suspiciously like Lorraine) or Edna.

Edna, never. That would completely contradict her character. Marty's grandmother, maybe! A third possibility is that she's actually Jennifer's mother and married a handsome policeman in the original timeline, although a certain gang boss was interested in her.

Still, three people to be killed or vanish, Trixie, Artie & Officer Parker, isn't that a bit of an overkill?

@PrivateJoker said: Or Judge Brown might think that Artie was a bad guy and make Artie dissapear from existence.

I don't think we'll get to SEE Judge Brown. There's no in-game model for him as well, I fear. Artie's life is threatened by Kid's gang and that's that.

Nonetheless, here's a short list of possible things to happen, just to show you how "predictions" work old-school:

[LIST]
    [*]Young Doc and Edna will get a lot closer to each other. Bad news. ;)
    [*]The episode will not have many scenes with Young Emmet and focus on other, new characters instead.
    [*]Artie will find his courage just like George did, making him a better father. Good news!
    [*]The 1931 town square will be expanded upon, with more places to visit.
    [*]Doc will tell Marty what to do to save his life, but not help him, because he's occupied with... say... repairing the time machine yet again. The scene shown in the earliest IGN screenshots will occur right at the beginning of the episode, although it won't look exactly the same.
    [*]We will find out who burned down the speakeasy. Paradox or no, it could actually be Marty. ;)
    [*]Trixie might be performing in the speakeasy; it's unlikely that we don't see this place at all. As the only alternative, we'll have a stage setup very much like Jessica Rabbit's first appearance in "Roger Rabbit".
    [*]Come to think of it, the interior of the speakeasy could bear an actual resemblance to one "inventory".
    [*]Trixie WILL sing (LONG CUTSCENE!) and people will justly praise Jared Emerson-Johnson for this like a God.
    [*]While we're there and with all the music going on, Marty could get his hands on a guitar. Maybe Trix needs some support??
    [*]Kid Tannen won't get even the slightest jota more believeable and continue to be a mere Biff copy.
    [*]At the end of the episode, Marty will think that he has done everything right and will head right back into his ol' present. But he's WRONG WRONG WRONG!
    [/LIST]

• @Vainamoinen said: Still, three people to be killed or vanish, Trixie, Artie & Officer Parker, isn't that a bit of an overkill?

I don't think Trixie actually vanishes like the newspaper says. I just think Sylvia (assuming it is Sylvia) gave up the persona without telling anyone, to marry Artie.

@Vainamoinen said: Kid Tannen won't get even the slightest jota more believeable and continue to be a mere Biff copy.I don't get why people are jumping on Telltale for this. What are Griff and Buford, if not cariactured "mere Biff copies"?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Griff is - Buford isn't. Also, two copies are enough. :D

• I won't get the game until febuarary i mean the first episode. I believe it's a showdown between Marty McFly Age: 17 Related Relitive: Arthur McFly
    And Kid Tannen Age 29....? Relitive: Biff Tannen and the beginning of The RISE OF CITIZEN BROWN!!!!!!!!
    Ep 3: Citizen Brown March 2011
    I saw a mistake when I saw the ending It said
    To Be Continued......................
    Ep 2: Get Tannen Febuarary 2010!? 2010 it's 2011 not 2010 Telltale.

• I predict we'll all be bored anticipating the next episode until it gets here and when it does we'll like it. 0____0 Seriously, I don't feel like making any serious predictions. The next one comes out in February, right?

• @Marty McFly said: I saw a mistake when I saw the ending It said
    To Be Continued......................
    Ep 2: Get Tannen Febuarary 2010!? 2010 it's 2011 not 2010 Telltale.

IT'S TIME PARADOX, MARTY! TellTaleGames is a year ahead of schedule! lawls

• Surprised nobody has thought of this scenario:

Biff has not been born yet in 1931. If Kid Tannen is arrested and thrown in jail for several years, this could prevent marty's birth since biff plays a part in george and lorraine ending up together.

Add Comment