User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 20.3K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Comrade Pants said: Not to offend anyone or anything, but I seriously can't be the only one who couldn't care less about Kingdom Hearts, can I?

Despite the warnings I got about it not being the best Kingdom Hearts to start with, I got myself the 3 hundred and something something / something else days. (Can't remember the title, can't be bothered to look it up). Well, I'm sick of it. A crazy amount of fighting and only extremely small snippets of storyline. At day 250ish I have decided I can't take it anymore and will trade it in for something else. I really doubt that I'll ever get another KH game. I guess you have to be a long term fan? I dunno. Either way, it's not for me.

• Hey, we told you that you picked the worst possible game to play first. Nobody would be a Kingdom Hearts fan after playing only that game.

• @jeeno0142 said: Despite the warnings I got about it not being the best Kingdom Hearts to start with, I got myself the 3 hundred and something something / something else days. (Can't remember the title, can't be bothered to look it up). Well, I'm sick of it. A crazy amount of fighting and only extremely small snippets of storyline. At day 250ish I have decided I can't take it anymore and will trade it in for something else. I really doubt that I'll ever get another KH game. I guess you have to be a long term fan? I dunno. Either way, it's not for me.

To be fair 358 days isnt the best KH game period.
    The other ones are a lot more story based, while this one was mainly for a multiplayer KH experience.
    Plus this one is the only KH game to do missions, the other games are more free roam and finding secrets in a better way than 358's linearity crap.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Hey, we told you that you picked the worst possible game to play first. Nobody would be a Kingdom Hearts fan after playing only that game.

Actualy my friend is a HUGE fan of KH and this was his first game.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Hey, we told you that you picked the worst possible game to play first. Nobody would be a Kingdom Hearts fan after playing only that game.

@GuruGuru214 said: To be fair 358 days isnt the best KH game period.
    The other ones are a lot more story based, while this one was mainly for a multiplayer KH experience.
    Plus this one is the only KH game to do missions, the other games are more free roam and finding secrets in a better way than 358's linearity crap.

:( I know, I know. But it was cheap! :o

• From what I hear, you also don't want to start with Re:coded. In fact, you're best just staying away from the DS all together until you care enough about the series to get into the side stories. In fact, I'd recommend either sticking to release order (KH, CoM, KHII, Days, BbS, coded) or chronological order (BbS, KH, CoM, Days, KHII, coded). If you play in any other order, you probably won't give two shits about the series. Of course, you might play in those orders and still not give two shits about the series, and that's fine too.

• @GuruGuru214 said: From what I hear, you also don't want to start with Re:coded. In fact, you're best just staying away from the DS all together until you care enough about the series to get into the side stories. In fact, I'd recommend either sticking to release order (KH, CoM, KHII, Days, BbS, coded) or chronological order (BbS, KH, CoM, Days, KHII, coded). If you play in any other order, you probably won't give two shits about the series. Of course, you might play in those orders and still not give two shits about the series, and that's fine too.

Yeah I dont care too much for coded, BUT I WONT LET IT BEAT ME!

• For the first time since 1998, I've picked up an NBA game that doesn't have "Jam" or "Street" in the title: NBA 2K11.

I've not paid attention to basketball since His Airness retired, but lately I've been feeling nostalgic for those days, so I grabbed it on a whim. After all, 2K11's big draw is the focus on MJ.

So far, I'm blown away at how much they captured the broadcast feel. Madden's attempt to do the same looks like a joke in comparison. The commentary is fluid to the point where I've done at least one double-take each game. They seem to have recorded lines for almost every situation. There's still a bit of the stilted "Jordan... ... ... with the rebound!", and if too much happens too quickly, they'll choke up and lag behind for awhile, but hey, video games.

The animation is extremely smooth outside of some twitchiness and clipping (and the faces are the stuff of nightmares), and the gameplay itself is challenging and satisfying.

Unfortunately, I have the PC version, and no dongle for my 360 controller. Which means keyboard controls. Simply put, they are a MESS. I remapped the hell out of them, and they're still horrid. Forget all of the advanced moves in the game; they just ain't happening with only two hands. The dunk challenge mode? Nigh impossible.

Extremely half-assed port for an amazing game. I actually want to get back into basketball after this.

• @Irishmile said: I think the in game levels where not as good as the first game...

I have to disagree. The Factory of a Better Tomorrow is one of the coolest things ever. The only world I didn't like was Avalonia.

We got the Collectors Edition.. so my boy now has a Sackboy of his own.. the bookends where disappointing.. its just cardboard.. but all the costumes are rad..

I thought the bookends were neat. Not great, but still nice to just have. The costumes are great too. Especially Gonzo and CLU.

I am still hoping that TTG, LUCASARTS, and Steve Purcell can make a deal with SONY so I can have some official Monkey Island and Sam & Max costumes in game.

Dear Telltale: When you read that post, a little light bulb should have appeared above your heads.

Add Comment