User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead

posted by Woodsyblue on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Seeing as it seems like the obvious front runner for Telltale's new mystery project I thought we should start a thread about The Walking Dead. Just a place where people can share their thoughts on the comic books/TV series and whether or not people think it has the potential for a good game.

I live in Australia where the show hasn't aired yet so I haven't seen it but one of my friends has a copy so I'm probably going to end up watching it some time in the next couple of weeks. I have been interested in seeing it for some time now, largely for the big part Frank Darabont played in production. I've never read any of the comics.

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I only watched the first episode, and still have the rest on DVR because I was busy with finals. It's a very well made and well shot TV show, very intense as well. At least that's what I got from the first episode. It's also quite disturbing and not for people with weak stomachs, just as a warning :)

• I've read the books and watched the show.... If they make the game I will be pleased..

• I've only watched the show and loved it all asides for episode 5. That was boring and severed little use to further the show.

Anyways, if telltale does make it (finger's crossed) i'm wondering how much humor they'll inject into the game.

• @Woodsyblue said: Seeing as it seems like the obvious front runner for Telltale's new mystery project...

Is it really that obvious? I hope it's not that obvious.

• I watched the Walking Dead, and was hooked for good as soon as I saw the tank scene. It really could be one of the greatest TV shows of all time if they play their cards right. It has the right amount of drama, horror, gore, and action, as well as well-written characters you can root for. I'd love an adventure game set in that world; I think it could lend itself well to some fantastic puzzles. Also-

@Rather Dashing said: *Ahem*

Am I a horrible person for finding that to be fricking hilarious.

• he would easily be the most disturbed villain in a TTG game yet... I keep wondering how the show will do that character.

I kind of think they might make Michael Rooker's character into that character and scrap what the books did.

• @Falanca said: Is it really that obvious? I hope it's not that obvious.

Well it's the most likely, given the clues. Mostly because nobody can think of anything else it could possibly be. I mean we won't know for sure until February 17th but I haven't heard any likely alternatives.

• @Woodsyblue said: Well it's the most likely, given the clues. Mostly because nobody can think of anything else it could possibly be. I mean we won't know for sure until February 17th but I haven't heard any likely alternatives.

Why not Inception? Yes, it also says "TV" but maybe it's a misfired foreshadowing by someone who doesn't know about Inception?

I'll take anything but Walking Dead, really. Say it's a game about Friends and I'll buy it.

• @Falanca said: Why not Inception? Yes, it also says "TV" but maybe it's a misfired foreshadowing by someone who doesn't know about Inception?

I'll take anything but Walking Dead, really. Say it's a game about Friends and I'll buy it.

I think if it were Inception I think the media would have mentioned it was based off a recent film that was a box-office smash but it's a good thought and there is a game being made by an unknown publisher.

I mean you can say you don't want it to be The Walking Dead but that doesn't mean it's not still the most likely choice given the facts. I still haven't watched it yet so I have no idea if it'd make a good game or not.

Add Comment