User Avatar Image

Any more W&G?

posted by KevinD872 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Well, I'm probably one of many who came here for ToMI and stayed for just about everything else! :D I've purchased all the S&M titles as well as W&G.

I know that a new S&M is coming out (yay!) but I am guessing that there will be no more W&G? I know it's a bit on the easy side and probably aimed at people a quarter of my age, but I kind of liked it and would like to see more.

Anyone have any info on it? Is this series dead? Only one (short) season?

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd love to see another season as well. The latest movie, "A Matter of Loaf and Death", was a huge disappointment. The TTG game was much better story-wise, in my opinion.

• @Gertcha said: I agree. Left mouse button mashing is fun. Diablo, Titan Quest, Torchlight, amongst many others have one & only one appeal: the left button mashing 'till something's dead: the enemy on the screen, your character, your mouse, your tendons, or ultimately, you. And they've been highly successful.

PS: You can hold down the left mouse button to continue attacking in every game you just mentioned. No need to pound your mouse into oblivion.

• If I have said it once, then I have said it a million times... they NEED to make a season 2. Sure it isn't a billion seller, but looking at the posts here, it is safe to say it has it's fanbase. Hell.... W&G is the only reason I gave a damn about this company in the first place if that is any indication (& no.... I hadn't watched any of the movies or shorts before playing the game).

• @roberttitus said: they NEED to make a season 2.

Don't have a heart attack or anything, but I agree with you 100%.

• Series 2 isn't up to Telltale. And Aardman (or whatever) is making a fortune on Wallace and Gromit movies, but they are all low budget and are released 3-5 years apart. If they take that same attitude with the games, then I'd expect to be waiting for awhile.

• @Fury said: Series 2 isn't up to Telltale. And Aardman (or whatever) is making a fortune on Wallace and Gromit movies, but they are all low budget and are released 3-5 years apart. If they take that same attitude with the games, then I'd expect to be waiting for awhile.

The timing factor here doesn't apply as Aardman needs every second between two movies (a whole day of work is used to build a single second (which for PAL standard (as in UK) is 25 frames), so if we see a 20 minutes movie behind there are something like 1200 days of clay animation work)

So as Grand Adventures are a jewel of adventure genre, which make the player feel to take part on the crackling-duo tales, I hope they'll give another shot (another 4 episode season perhaps?)

• Definitely put me in the camp on wanting a Season 2 of W&G, it would be a shame not to have it further developed.

I guess there isn't much hope, esp with this forum being dumped into "Classic" games when even Strong Bad isn't

• I really want another W&G game, even if it's just one episode like Puzzle Agent or Poker Night at the Inventory it would really make me happy.

But yeah this "classic game" dump isn't really a good sign. :(

• I think when you consider the fact that Wallace & Gromit has already been pushed down into "The Classics" section of the forums hope for a follow-up isn't too promising.

I don't think it necessarily needs a second season. The story is self-contained and there are no real loose-ends that needed tying up. Those who played Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures enjoyed it* but I just don't think it was successful enough to justify expansion. It's a shame it didn't sell better because it really is a quality game.

*Except, you know, those who didn't.

Add Comment