User Avatar Image

AGDI Unveils King's Quest III Redux!

posted by MusicallyInspired on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

After 8 years the secret is out. Play it this February! I've put a huge percentage of the last decade of my life into this game's soundtrack and I hope you'll all enjoy it when it's ready!

King's Quest III Redux

Check the AGDI forums for more information on the project.

112 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That is amazing news! Finally, the trilogy will be complete. This reminds me, I still haven't finished QFG2VGA. I'll have to get on that.

• I tried the remake of Kings Quest III once and didn't get very far because of that bloody wizard kept showing up every two seconds to kill me.

• I really wish it wasnt their last.... I want KQIV made of the same quality... But I totally understand their reasoning not to do it.

• @Mr Nutt said: I tried the remake of Kings Quest III once and didn't get very far because of that bloody wizard kept showing up every two seconds to kill me.

He usually does that because you're carrying contraband. Luckily, he doesn't look under your bed. ;)

As a big fan of AGDI's other remakes, I'm hugely excited about this! In fact it's put me in the mood to replay their KQ2, which was easily one of my favorite games of the 2000s. (What's the accepted way to refer to the last decade?!)

• Definately go back and replay the other two! They both have received numberous updates recently and if you haven't played them in a while, they are definately worth downloading again!

It is kind of funny. As we were working on KQ3, the AGD's "borrowed" our artists to go back and revamp the earlier games. Give KQ1 and KQ2 a try to get an idea of what the art will look like in KQ3.

• @Emily said: (What's the accepted way to refer to the last decade?!)

The "aughts"?

• This kind of makes me want to go back and play the KQ1 and 2 AGDI remakes :) I already beat them, but they are always fun.

• @Emily said: What's the accepted way to refer to the last decade?!

That would be the noughties.

• Wow, these are great news! I played AGDI's three games and they all were amazing. The soundrack for King's Quest II+ is fantastic. (I liked the dwarf's theme as much as the character itself. It also reminds me of 'I'm More Piratey than You!')
    I hope that this game will be more forgiving than the original one, and I hope even more to see some continuation from Romancing the Stones.

• @Laserschwert said: That would be the noughties.

Uhm... No thanks, I prefer aughties :p

Regarding the news: they are GREAT. I don't hide the fact that the only KQ games that I consider actually good (apart from KQI which I will always respect for what it has done to the genre, plus it's actually not bad) are #3, #6 and, believe it or not, #8, or MoE for you non-#8 purists :p (aside from controls which require getting used to, it's a pretty good action/adventure). I also don't hide the fact that KQII+ was the best KQ experience for me EVER, I enjoyed it more than any of the official games of the series.

So, naturally, I will eagerly wait for KQIIIRedux, and wish the best of luck to AGDI!

PS. Regarding Sierra, it were the SQ and QfG series that've made me a fan of the company, not KQ, and I consider those two series to be vastly superior than their flagship KQ series.

Add Comment