User Avatar Image

AGDI Unveils King's Quest III Redux!

posted by MusicallyInspired on - last edited - Viewed by 870 users

After 8 years the secret is out. Play it this February! I've put a huge percentage of the last decade of my life into this game's soundtrack and I hope you'll all enjoy it when it's ready!

King's Quest III Redux

Check the AGDI forums for more information on the project.

112 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Farlander said: Uhm... No thanks, I prefer aughties :p

Regarding the news: they are GREAT. I don't hide the fact that the only KQ games that I consider actually good (apart from KQI which I will always respect for what it has done to the genre, plus it's actually not bad) are #3, #6 and, believe it or not, #8, or MoE for you non-#8 purists :p (aside from controls which require getting used to, it's a pretty good action/adventure). I also don't hide the fact that KQII+ was the best KQ experience for me EVER, I enjoyed it more than any of the official games of the series.

So, naturally, I will eagerly wait for KQIIIRedux, and wish the best of luck to AGDI!

PS. Regarding Sierra, it were the SQ and QfG series that've made me a fan of the company, not KQ, and I consider those two series to be vastly superior than their flagship KQ series.

I would add KQ5 to that list, the fifth game was great!

• @GuybrushWilco said: I would add KQ5 yo that list, the fifth game was great!

Funny, KQ5 is the only one of the original seven that I *don't* particularly like. It has nice atmosphere, art, and music, but it has the least forgiving puzzles in the entire series, with absolutely no wiggle room or alternate paths. I never would have beaten it without a walkthrough.

Anyway. Very psyched about this, since KQII+ was pretty much mankind's greatest achievement.

• @doggans said: Funny, KQ5 is the only one of the original seven that I *don't* particularly like. It has nice atmosphere, art, and music, but it has the least forgiving puzzles in the entire series, with absolutely no wiggle room or alternate paths. I never would have beaten it without a walkthrough.

Same here, besides of the fact that I didn't play the fourth and eighth games. One of my favourite things about the first game and the second game's remake is the multiple options for solving a puzzle. I certainly hope to see them in this game!

• Six will always be my favorite KQ

• @GuybrushWilco said: I would add KQ5 yo that list, the fifth game was great!

Nay, sorry, I don't think that way.

• I also didn't like KQV near as much as VI or the new remakes. The voice acting of all the animals (especially Cedric) is terrible, the rescue-the-rat-from-the-cat puzzle is ludicrously easy to miss, and the catacombs under Mordack's castle is a real pain.

I like Paw's Let's Play KQV videos though. He does a good job making fun of it.

• The only one I never played was KQ8, as I can't seem to find it anywhere. I haven't played the Silver Lining game, because I'm waiting for all episodes to be released. KQ6 is not only the best in the series, but one of the finest in the genre ever :)

• @GuybrushWilco said: The only one I never played was KQ8, as I can't seem to find it anywhere. I haven't played the Silver Lining game, because I'm waiting for all episodes to be released. KQ6 is not only the best in the series, but one of the finest in the genre ever :)

KQ8 is such a departure from the rest its hardly part of the series.... But if you really want to play it... GOG.com has it for $9.99 packed with KQ7 and KQ7 is worth the price tag alone.
    http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/king%E2%80%99s_quest_7_8

• Though you don't have to get in MoE expecting an adventure game. The action elements are really more dominant there. Though, as I said, I personally enjoyed MoE, and I think it's a well made action/adventure.

PS. The Silver Lining was a VERY big disappointment for me. The first chapter at the least. Maybe I should try to give it another chance, but I don't feel like it. I was just resented by the game after playing it for a while.

Add Comment