User Avatar Image

TOMI Episode 1 on iPad Now!

posted by Weeksy on - last edited - Viewed by 493 users

.... But I'm a little hesitant to pick it up based on the lack of subsequent episodes from "Wallace & Gromit", "Sam & Max" etc...

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm playing this at the moment and it plays brilliantly - the issues from Sam and max have gone. It's very smooth!

Although I do have one different issue which I have also raised in the support forum...

I'm talking to the voodoo lady in the shack and it won't let me finish talking to her! The ipad version is only showing 4 options of things you can say to her. In the PC version there are extra options which you can scroll down to see 'Tell me more about the locket' 'What's your name, anyway?' and 'See ya' but the ipad version doesn't let you scroll down and view the other options.

Consequently you cannot do anything apart from exit the game!! Can anyone tell me how you can scroll down the options please? I'm hoping this is just me being stupid!

• @taj500 said: I'm playing this at the moment and it plays brilliantly - the issues from Sam and max have gone. It's very smooth!

Although I do have one different issue which I have also raised in the support forum...

I'm talking to the voodoo lady in the shack and it won't let me finish talking to her! The ipad version is only showing 4 options of things you can say to her. In the PC version there are extra options which you can scroll down to see 'Tell me more about the locket' 'What's your name, anyway?' and 'See ya' but the ipad version doesn't let you scroll down and view the other options.

Consequently you cannot do anything apart from exit the game!! Can anyone tell me how you can scroll down the options please? I'm hoping this is just me being stupid!

What are the dialogue options that are present?

• Ignore my question - someone has shown me how to do it! Turns out there are arrows but they're in a different place to the PC version....it was me being blind! :D

The arrows probably need to be made clearer though as they kinda blend in to the background!! (this is me justifying my stupidity)

Overall, great port to the iPad - very smooth, fast etc. Great device to play monkey island on! I am now looking forward to when the other chapters arrive here - and also back to the future!

• I had a blast playing the first episode with my iPad on a flight from Bangkok to Amsterdam. The only thing I didn't find was the skipping of the dialoques. I put the subtitles on from the settings, but still I couldn't skip any cut scenes which I had already seen earlier.

• Is episode 2 going to be released anytime soon?

Call me gun shy, but I was burned by the Sam and Max episodes 2-5 not being released on the iPad. I would love to jump in on this, just need to see ep.2 posted first :)

• I don't have an exact date yet (that will be determined by those above my pay grade) but I have testers on the remaining episodes as we speak.

Also, skipping lines is done by double tapping.

• @wildcardd said: Is episode 2 going to be released anytime soon?

Call me gun shy, but I was burned by the Sam and Max episodes 2-5 not being released on the iPad. I would love to jump in on this, just need to see ep.2 posted first :)

I agree with you. No purchases until they are all released. I won't be burned again, regardless of anybody's word.

• iPad version is now on sale - $3.99 in the Aus store, which I think makes it $1.99 US....

Still no sign of Ep 2.....

• @wildcardd said: Is episode 2 going to be released anytime soon?

Any updates guys?

• We're working on it! I saw content for later-season Monkey eps being tested for iPad just the other day.

Add Comment