User Avatar Image

The Telltale Five... and the possibilty of Sam & Max Season Four being announced.

posted by SlasherMan on - last edited - Viewed by 632 users

So yeah I'm sure you all heard that Telltale has announced that they will reaveal 5 new episodic games on Feb 17th (The Walking Dead pressumed to be one of them, but thats another topic). So yeah I'm predicting and hoping that Season 4 will be anounced in those 5 projects. Think about it, Sam & Max being more or less Telltale's main franchise and The Devil's Playhouse not only being the most succesful of the 3 seasons but also leaving a lot of possibilty for a sequel due to that controversial ending, IMO so it would be a no brainer for Season 4 to be announced in Feb. 17

That my opinion, leave your opinion on as well and vote on the poll if you like.

Sam & Max Season 4 & Tales of Monkey Island 2 FTW! :D

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Gohaku said: Here's my hard honest opinion. Everyone who's played up to season 3 of Sam and Max would love to see more of the Freelance duo. This forum is a testament to that. However, deep down I think all the SnM nuts (including myself) want to see a fresh and exciting game featuring these guys. If anything we don't want the game series to get, I dare say, stale. I'm 99.9% sure that TTG wants to do something special with the Sam and Max series. So if TellTaleGames is announcing season 4 as one of the TellTale Five, then it may be a while until it's released. In my experience, it takes a while to develop something of high quality awesome. Unless they're going to totally surprise us with something brilliant, in which case I say bring it on!

This. Although I'm eager to see more of the duo more than, say, Guybrush or Strong Bad, I think they need time to work on something in order to top their latest season.

• yeeee new sam & max
    I really hope it'll be announced xd

• @Falanca said: This. Although I'm eager to see more of the duo more than, say, Guybrush or Strong Bad, I think they need time to work on something in order to top their latest season.

Ditto Falanca. Also there appears to a vote for the 4th option. WTF?!? That's like saying, "That's the last peanut butter and jam sandwich I'm ever having"
    Ironically, I don't even like peanut butter, but you get the sentiment right? It's a classic combo!

• @corruptbiggins said: I think it's too soon to expect season 4.

Exactly what i was thinking.

• I think it would be good for them to take a break from Sam & Max for awhile. As awesome as the three seasons were, I would like to see them expand on some of their other franchises, or come up with some entirely new stuff.

• I would bet my toenail that one of the following will be in the talltale five:

1. Sam and Max Season 4
    2. Puzzle Agent Season
    3. Tales of Monkey Island Season 2

I would be very,very,very happy if either one of these happen to be announced :D

• @Falanca said: Actually, I think the last episode had little to no cliffhangers. It almost looked like a perfect way to end the series, even, which made me pretty sad.

Where did Sam and Max go? Is Yog-Soggoth ever going back to the Dark Dimension? How is Grandpa Stinky adjusting to his new body? Where's Bosco? And, the only real cliffhanger that really matters, What does the baby look like?!?!?!?!

• Sam and Max will be back.... maybe not with these projects but its coming back... I have not doubt about that.

• @SlasherMan said: Sam & Max Season 4 & Tales of Monkey Island 2 FTW! :D

I find myself in full agreement with this statement.

Add Comment