User Avatar Image

AGDI Unveils King's Quest III Redux!

posted by MusicallyInspired on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

After 8 years the secret is out. Play it this February! I've put a huge percentage of the last decade of my life into this game's soundtrack and I hope you'll all enjoy it when it's ready!

King's Quest III Redux

Check the AGDI forums for more information on the project.

112 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The first chapter of the Silver Lining is just like the first chapter of Back to the Future. And you know what, I gave TSL leeway on that, but Telltale knew better. That still pisses me off, and it's going to continue to piss me off.

• @Farlander said: PS. The Silver Lining was a VERY big disappointment for me. The first chapter at the least.

The second chapter's better. At least, it's longer, with more puzzles, though still not as long as most non-BTTF Telltale episodes.

• The first chapter of the Silver Lining is just like the first chapter of Back to the Future. And you know what, I gave TSL leeway on that, but Telltale knew better. That still pisses me off, and it's going to continue to piss me off.

I don't know what you mean by that... First chapter of TSL, has like one puzzle (its mostly all cutscenes). If I had to pay for it, I'd have felt ripped off.

BTTF episode one has over a dozen puzzles (more than or equal to TSL episode 2). BTTF episode one is awesome, and I felt I was watching a new BTTF movie. I don't feel ripped off at all.

• @doggans said: Anyway. Very psyched about this, since KQII+ was pretty much mankind's greatest achievement.

Haha! Such a compliment! King's Quest III Redux will come close, but I can't say that it is mankind's greatest achievement. It might be a close second though! :)

• I have to say, I'm looking forward to playing this game. I enjoyed KQ2+ on its own merits. As its own stand alone game, it doesn't replace the original in my eyes though (it took way too many liberties from Roberta William's vision). I'm old school and prefer Roberta's King's Quest series more, but I still find alot of fun out of these alternate fan reinterpretations.

• Don't worry, the main storyline of KQ3Redux isn't changed at all. Merely some side things are added and characters fleshed out and polished a little. Just enough for a VGA-style game.

• @MusicallyInspired said: KQ5 is still my favourite.

Same here. The first 2 remakes really gave me a good time (especially KQ1) I will definitely check that one out too.

I hope there are less timed things in this game than in the original. The Original was kind of brutally hard.

• @Valiento said: I don't know what you mean by that... First chapter of TSL, has like one puzzle (its mostly all cutscenes). If I had to pay for it, I'd have felt ripped off.

BTTF episode one has over a dozen puzzles (more than or equal to TSL episode 2). BTTF episode one is awesome, and I felt I was watching a new BTTF movie. I don't feel ripped off at all.

BTTF episode one has exactly two puzzles that I would count as anything near real puzzles of any form.

• @Laserschwert said: That would be the noughties.

I'll stick to calling it the zeroys... or how ever I would spell my made up word.

• BTTF episode one has exactly two puzzles that I would count as anything near real puzzles of any form.

I don't know there were several conversation style puzzles, to convince characters to do things (or learn something, so you can move on, elsewhere). A few inventory puzzles. A couple of action based puzzles, and a few mechanical puzzles/distraction puzzles, to get clues.

It took something like 3-4 hours to complete, which is comparable to watching one of the BTTF movies in dialogue. It was comparable in length puzzle styles as Wallace and Gromit, Episode 1 (puzzle pacing seemed about the same to me even; both share a similar car chase sequence). It might even had more puzzles than Bone Episode 1 (which also felt short in my opinion).

You can complete TSL episode 1 in like 10-30 minutes, and skip most things, without even realizing it. The main cutscenes are non-interactive and on auto-play, and you can't really interact during the conversations even (I.E. you can only ask questions, you can't make choices that would affect the conversation in some way, or give an idea of the character's own thoughts). If you do the optional conversation stuff, not much more than an hour. You might push it further looking for hidden narration stuff, but that stuff is a bit overly wordy and dry... imo.

Add Comment