User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 22.9K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I got COD Black Ops for Xmas from my bro and sis, I'd never played any COD game before.

Single player was cool, but multi-player lagged so bad online and I had to lower my screen resolution which is ridiculous as I have a good internet connection, card, cpu etc.

Got so annoyed I swapped it for Medal of Honor 2010 which was worse.

Online hackers really ruin the game for me. :(

• I've been playing Darksiders, and so far I've got more nit-picks about it than things that really make it stand out. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, it's just polished in all the wrong places. The hodge-podge of elements from other games are all mashed together to make an HD Zelda-style action/adventure, and it mostly works. It's just shy of impressing me, but I am enjoying it's efforts.

• First game written in the soon to be release crossplatform and easy to use language monkey: Zombie Trailer Park for iOS.

• Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

• Woo, Xigbar's down and I have Magnega, which means it's Pride Rock level trick time! I'm getting there.

Edit: It took about 37 hours to get the first 60 levels. It took about two and a half to get the last 38.

Level grinding's done, drive form and summon grinding is done. I'm going to move forward in the game now, and I'll stop to do the last of the grinding (synthesis item collection) when I have all 7 Orichalcum+. After that, it's journal completion (see: mini-games and coliseum matches), then Xemnas goes down and I get to (FINALLY) start Re:coded.

Here's hoping I only need a quick refresher on the route for poster duty...

• My friend got me Fallout 3 as a late Christmas present and I'm having a lot of fun being a post-apocalyptic girl scout that kills things with a sledgehammer. I also started playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and it's even more demented than the first two. It's great! :D

• I just picked up Magicka today, and it's a lot of fun. (I got it for $8 at Direct2Drive, they tweeted a 20%-off coupon code, and the game uses Steamworks, so it's now part of my Steam library.) If you haven't heard of this one, check out X plays Magicka to get an idea of why this game is awesome.

• Star Wars - Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

• Resident Evil 1, as Chris. It's pretty hard...I'm out of ammo and keep expecting to find more but haven't yet. People talk about running from the zombies, but the halls are often so narrow. Might have to restart on easy mode. :(

• Monday Night Combat.
    I will beat those assasins.

I find it unfair when I have the golden armor at full health, and grab an assasin, stab her and flip her on the ground she lives, and she can slap me and I die instantly.

Add Comment