User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 17.7K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Speaking of Tim Curry, how about The Rocky Horror Picture Show? The soundtrack is brilliant, it's full of wonderful weird ideas and the end is touching but the film has its meh moments as well. 8-9/10?

• @Secret Fawful said: IT is horrible, with the only redeeming quality being Tim Curry, who is just there to be hilarious. I'll be glad to have a word with IT though. Maybe I'll make it cry.

Ooh, me too! I wanna call it unpleasant things! :D

Really though, the book is so damn good that I can't even stand to watch the movie.

• The soundtrack to the Rocky Horror Picture Show is more addicting to listen to than it should be, and with Tim Curry in it as well, how could you go wrong?

• How would you rate the film?

Btw i'm always confused by these two names. Do you adore Tim Curry or Jim Carrey or both of them?

• @Secret Fawful said: The soundtrack to the Rocky Horror Picture Show is more addicting to listen to than it should be?

I am sorry, but this has been bugging me for months. Is that really proper grammar?

Also I hate how the word grammar and grammer are rife for a grammer error of their own.

hurr hurr

• @JedExodus said: I am sorry, but this has been bugging me for months. Is that really proper grammar?

I'll misuse grammar to my liking and you'll STFU when I do it, you Cowboy Bebop-hating paddy.

• @Avistew said: I think I've been told the King rule was that movie adapted from his novels tend to be bad while movies adapted from his short stories tend to be good.

Children of the corn is an exception, and that spawned 6 sequels somehow.

• @Avistew said: I think I've been told the King rule was that movie adapted from his novels tend to be bad while movies adapted from his short stories tend to be good.

Honestly, I could see that with most adaptations. Books are a much more dense media, movies aren't that long, I could see how a short story would convert well into a movie, but a full-length novel would work better as, say a TV series.

The Shining is great. As far as TV series I still think the vampire at the end of the original Salem's Lot is one of the creepiest ever put on film.

I think the rule is any movie based off King after the late 80's is a flop. Carrie, Cujo, Christine, Stand by me & Dead zone are all good movies IMO. With a few flops in between like Firestarter.

• I've always liked the miniseries of The Langoliers. Though mainly just because Dean Stockwell is in it.

• @Secret Fawful said: I'll misuse grammar to my liking and you'll STFU when I do it, you Cowboy Bebop-hating paddy.

I don't hate it, I just haven't watched it yet, too busy cutting turf and cleaning pig shite off my tractor. I MAY just stream it this weekend though, I was thinking about it

Anyway, being a paddy isn't too bad, we're 'the niggers of Europe' yo!

Add Comment