User Avatar Image

Savegame troubles (merged threads)

posted by saxysousy on - last edited - Viewed by 5.2K users

How do you save the game if you don't want to play it all at once?

BTW, I LOOOVE it so far. Thank you Telltale for making this game!

168 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/BackToTheFuture101/

where yourusername is your user name! ;)

• Not sure if the file will be compatible between PC & Mac, but you can try...

• It didn't worked. I've transferred the file "101_auto.save" from the MacBook to the iMac in the same folder.

In the iMac it's like the game is new.
    He finds that there's an old savegame, but when I see at what part of the game I am, he says that I'm at the beginning of the game.

The same happens in Puzzle Agent. He loads the savegame, but with 0 puzzles solved, instead of 6.

I've not moved the files "offlinesettings" and "prefs" because I think that must be different from MacBook and iMac (resolution setting, etc...).

So what can I do to continue on the iMac the game I've started on the MacBook and viceversa?

Thanks for your answer. Bye!

• Well, it kinda worked. I brought me near the point i was in, but I think it actually overshot it! I was stuck in that kitchen soup thing and I never got past it and all of a sudden I was shining tannen's shoes. So that' OK I guess, as long as it doesn't screw up the game forwards...

• @ciarals said: IIn the iMac it's like the game is new.
    He finds that there's an old savegame, but when I see at what part of the game I am, he says that I'm at the beginning of the game.!

Did you load the game? When I did it it says you're at the beginning, but loads where you were.

• Hi. I haven't tried, because I was trusting what he was saying :) When I'll be back at my iMac on Friday I'll let you know. Thanks for your answer.

• Clearly there's a rift in the Mac-PC continuum.

*dodges hail of tomatoes*

• Mathman, you were right.

I've checked with my iMac. I've tried moving all files (including "offlinesettings" and "prefs") and in Puzzle Agent the game loaded the save game description successfully, but in BTTF nothing changed. So I've tried only copying the savegame file leaving the settings files untouched. As I said before, the game didn't recognize the description of the savegame, but when I tried loading it, it loaded fine, where I left it in my MacBook Pro.

So it's only a description problem. By only copying the savegame file from one Mac to another, the description doesn't load fine, but the game does.

:)

• hello!

just bought this game. played it for a while and then wanted to save / exit but couldn't find any menu for that?! tried pressing esc on the keyboard and nothing. looked through the three buttons on the top right (and got an involuntary hint, which I didn't want) but couldn't find it anywhere. ended up just pressing alt-f4 and luckily it did auto save at one point, but lost some progression due to this. surely there must be a manual save somewhere in there?

Add Comment