User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.5K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Curse of Monkey Island. Haven't played it in so long I could barely even remember anything about it (apart from the cartoonish art style, which I like). It's very good!

• Super Meat Boy, decided to try and beat it again, and am at the last level in world "The End" AND I AM PISSED!
    It took me an hour to finaly kill Dr.Fetus, only for him to hit a self destruct button and I have to do the damned level in REVERSE!!
    There I decided to ragequit only to find out that they where still the same LEVEL as in, It wasnt a new level, meaning I have to replay the level that took me an hour AGAIN!

• Mega Man, naturally. Thinking of working on some other games too, but I just thought I would start with Mega Man

• Compared to the likes of the Vanitas Remnant and the Unknown, Sephiroth is a freaking pushover.

• Woohoo! I've just completed Half Life: Blue Shift! A good game and quite liked how the story played out, but it was a lot shorter than Opposing Force. About a third shorter I'd say. I'd now like to play a Half Life whereby I'm the scientist, but since that doesn't exist I'm going to take a break from the Half Life World instead. So now? Now I'm going to play me some Grim Fandango goodness!

• Back to Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded while waiting for MvC3. Honestly, it's quite fun when you're not battling against the camera or platforming, seriously **** the platforming in this game. It would be MUCH better if I wasn't getting tired of these worlds by now, ****ing seriously. 3D better fulfill its promise of having only new Disney worlds.

@JuntMonkey said: Resident Evil 1, as Chris. It's pretty hard...I'm out of ammo and keep expecting to find more but haven't yet. People talk about running from the zombies, but the halls are often so narrow. Might have to restart on easy mode. :(

You should beat it first as Jill if you haven't so you can get familiarized with the game's layout and puzzles so you know when you should be carrying something puzzle-related and when it's better to just leave it in a box to better manage your inventory. Also, seriously, if fighting can be avoided do so, and if you have to fight aim for the head. There's enough ammo to kill everything, but you have to not waste it.

• @SunnyGuy said: Back to Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded while waiting for MvC3. Honestly, it's quite fun when you're not battling against the camera or platforming, seriously **** the platforming in this game. It would be MUCH better if I wasn't getting tired of these worlds by now, ****ing seriously. 3D better fulfill its promise of having only new Disney worlds.

Yeah I got past the camera after some custom controls, but the worlds really are getting annoying.
    KH it was fine it was the first game in the series.
    KH chain of memories, fine the GBA was so weak the worlds were all reskins of eatchother.
    KH2 it started to get annoying, but there where new worlds.
    KH 358days it was really annoying.
    Birth By Sleep, all of the worlds were new, or just new parts of the worlds to make them look new.
    Coded I just said suck it.

I have played Agrabah so many times, and the plot is always the same.
    Sora meets Aladin, heartless attack, and aladin uses genie, something happens and he is about to use a wish when sora helps, then another wish is used, jaffar comes, screws it up, and he becomes invincible where is in lava, and that stupid parrot is flying all over the level, and you have to attack him.

• Well, that'd pretty much because you're just reliving that part. KH1 because it was when it first happened, CoM because it was Sora's memories, and Coded because it was written on the journal. At least two had you battling on the flying carpet.

• @SunnyGuy said: You should beat it first as Jill if you haven't so you can get familiarized with the game's layout and puzzles so you know when you should be carrying something puzzle-related and when it's better to just leave it in a box to better manage your inventory. Also, seriously, if fighting can be avoided do so, and if you have to fight aim for the head. There's enough ammo to kill everything, but you have to not waste it.

I beat the Gamecube REmake as Jill a few years ago. I don't really remember much and it's a different game anyway, but some of the knowledge sticks. I haven't had much of a problem with carrying things. Sure I've had to make some extra trips, but rarely anything so far that has made things difficult. I'm on my way back to the mansion now after the guardhouse. Actually was back already, but am out of ink ribbons and died before I found one, so now I have to make the trip again. The ammo bottleneck ended as I figured it would and ammo is mostly okay now. Ink ribbons are a problem.

Add Comment