User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.6K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Now days I am playing my favorite game that is "call of duty underground" more interesting and more entertaining game.

• Hahaha, that 6% there really feels out of place considering how much of a completionist you've been XD

@JuntMonkey said: The ammo bottleneck ended as I figured it would and ammo is mostly okay now. Ink ribbons are a problem.

Yeah...you should only save after doing something meaningful. Ink ribbons are limited and if you just carelessly use them you'll run out of them a long time before you can find any more, or worst case scenario you used up all of the ones in the game.

Also, kinda related kinda not, I must admit, speed running the game after I got used to it on the DS felt SO awesome.

• Screw the Gummi Routes. The first time I played, I did 6%, and I did 8% (don't ask me how, I don't know) the second time. Plus I'm really only trying to do the journal completion for the secret endings. In fact, I used save files from my last run to skip over large chunks of grinding and coliseum matches in Kingdom Hearts 1, and I played Days on beginner mode because it didn't make a difference and I wanted to get that one over with as fast as possible.

• Mortal Kombat II, yeah old school.

• @GuruGuru214 said: 5-KingdomHeartsII.png

Starting Re:coded now.

Is this your first RE:coded playthrough?

If so just ask me for help, I currently am just working on getting the 20 trophys for the secret ending.
    Starting to hate the colisiums RPG mode, becuase it is REPETATIVE even for a KH game, it is still repetative.
    What I truly dislike, is how it works.
    When you first play through, you only need 5 "levels" done amd you complete the story, with some "unfinished buisness" which becomes the next part of the world, but the rest is optional, of course I am completing it for a few trophys of finding all of the secrets, so I first have to repeat the 5 levels, followed by 10 more, then its done, but I STILL had unfinished buisness so I had to do this a THIRD BLOODY TIME where I had to repeat those 15 levels, and 15 more.

And believe me if there are even more levels after the 30, Ill be pissed.
    Oh and by the way they advertised Cloud helping you, I have only seen him once, and you fight him, after that he just leaves.

• @SunnyGuy said: Hahaha, that 6% there really feels out of place considering how much of a completionist you've been XD

Yeah...you should only save after doing something meaningful. Ink ribbons are limited and if you just carelessly use them you'll run out of them a long time before you can find any more, or worst case scenario you used up all of the ones in the game.

Also, kinda related kinda not, I must admit, speed running the game after I got used to it on the DS felt SO awesome.

I've managed to amass a massive stockpile of, I believe, 2 ribbons at the moment. I've done a lot of "reconnaissance" from save points to try to figure out when I should use my next ribbon. Planning out routes of where to go and what to do before using another ribbon becomes an interesting strategic exercise in itself.

• @Gman: You're supposed to meet him again in the level before the boss battle, you must have missed it. Unless you're talking about the repeats, then I don't know. Cloud was the hardest and only thing to almost kill me in that world, after that everything was a piece of cake, and the bosses were a joke with attack+, defense+,regen, auto-block, and Cloud with his Omnislash. Who was the genius that thought that letting you use as many buffs as you want in the same turn was a good idea? XD

• @SunnyGuy said: @Gman: You're supposed to meet him again in the level before the boss battle, you must have missed it. Unless you're talking about the repeats, then I don't know. Cloud was the hardest and only thing to almost kill me in that world, after that everything was a piece of cake, and the bosses were a joke with attack+, defense+,regen, auto-block, and Cloud with his Omnislash. Who was the genius that thought that letting you use as many buffs as you want in the same turn was a good idea? XD

Yeah I beat Cloud, but the repeats supposidly has Cloud as a party member, which would be helpfull because Herc. is an IDIOT!!
    He misses every shot, you cant level him up, and he unleases his special move at the wrong time.

And yes Omnislash is just a mean attack.

• @Gman5852 said: Yeah I beat Cloud, but the repeats supposidly has Cloud as a party member

You get him before the repeats, you get him literally right before fighting Cerberus and Hades. You didn't explore all the rooms in the floors did you? I mean, it gives you a freaking cutscene asking him to be a party member just for walking into the same room as Cloud.

Add Comment