3.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @divisionten said: Just... a... little... more!

And then I'm going to have to deal with inking and coloring this monstrosity... @__@

You're getting there! Keep it up! :D Can't wait to see it coloured!

@divisionten said:
    1nky: Angst, huh? Well, "Corndog Tragedy" is more like a comedy pic. But tell you what, if you finish your comic I'll make a pic for you. One that is a *supernova* of angst. Deal? ;D

Well, I meant angst in the comedic sense, but I may have to take you up on that offer. (If you can't, that's cool too. :D) *Scurries off to comic*

@divisionten said:
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Serious-Sam-color-practice-195822904

The head is a little too broad, methinks, but otherwise, this is a great attempt at colouring. I like what you've done with the shading. :)

@divisionten said: Oh my, I am loving all the artses here. :D
    I hope it's not bad form for a n00b to post something in this thread. Here's a little daub for Chinese New Year:

I saw this earlier on deviantArt - wonderful job, dude. :) What kind of outfit is Sam wearing, by the way?

Totally waiting for a myriad of 'Year of the Max' artworks. :D

@divisionten said: Also known as "Dat Ass".

YES. For the love of God, YES. God, I love your inking. Even the back of Sam's coat is just... aaahhh. And yes, Max is totally Max. :D

Comic time! Page 5:

Page5_0001.png

For a page with five panels, I had a lot of trouble with this one. I didn't exactly thumbnail this one out, believing it'd be pretty simple, but I was proven wrong. Plus, I was halfway done drawing the fourth panel when I realized Max must have driven pretty freakin' fast to get to the outskirts of New York. OTL

I'll try to be more careful next time. D:

• @1nky said:
    For a page with five panels, I had a lot of trouble with this one. I didn't exactly thumbnail this one out, believing it'd be pretty simple, but I was proven wrong. Plus, I was halfway done drawing the fourth panel when I realized Max must have driven pretty freakin' fast to get to the outskirts of New York. OTL

I'll try to be more careful next time. D:

We know that the desoto is special :D

• Ooooh very awesome! I need more! Each page gets better :D

• @1nky - dude, your skillz are brilliant. The layout of the pages and the effects and everything!

@crfh - how are you so good at making everything so damn sexy? :O

• @crfh said: Also known as "Dat Ass".

:O Too much sexeh. The lovely lineart alone is enough, but the boys totally look as if they're voguing to a Miles Davis album or something. :D

@crfh said: I saw this earlier on deviantArt - wonderful job, dude. :) What kind of outfit is Sam wearing, by the way?

Totally waiting for a myriad of 'Year of the Max' artworks. :D

Thanks! I've seen at least one more New Year Max pic on DA so far: http://deerock-gorilla.deviantart.com/#/d38lzjv

The outfit Sam is wearing is for the Xiaosheng (young male hero) role in Beijing and Cantonese opera. I am completely in love with classical chinese art and design, I've filled up many folders on my hard drive with examples of period costume and scroll paintings. <3

Nice comic! have you uploaded the pages anywhere else on the web?

• Thanks guys. I don't make them sexy, they're sexy already! LOL

*gigglefit*

Great page 1nky, hahaha, "the slowest reaction time since ME" XD

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Line art now COMPLETE! Woo-hoo! That was a pain in my hindquarters. Next up is coloring this beast.

lineartn.jpg

If you want a hi-rez copy to color in yourself- this is a pretty nifty coloring-book page, here you go!

Also:

@cfh- I'm just reiterating what I said before, but I am ALWAYS impressed by your work. Are you a professional artist? I know being an artist is hell and hard work, but I am curious if you do this on a daily basis.

@inky- The comic is well paced, expressive, and captures Sam and Max perfectly. I couldn't ask for more (except maybe a printed copy when it's done)

My mom saw this today and told me it looks like it was made while on drugs. Ummm.... thanks Mom?

• Whoa, the telltale forums are sorta dying D:

divisionten: I suppose that at least technically I could be called a pro, since I've lived off my webcomic for some years now. But really... my webcomic has never had a reputation for having good art, quite the contrary, LOL

XD

Add Comment