3.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Well, since this thread's been pretty dead today, thought I'd show you guys how the coloring's been going on my piece. Granted, "coloring" isn't the right word here. Everything is actually clipped from photos. Some of them are easy to recognize, obviously the sky was sky and the water, water. The Max spores are photographs of rabbit fur, and all the metallic things (Skunkape's ship, or at least the half of it I already filled in, the Maimtron, the black part of the DeSoto that's done, etc) are all real metal.

Some of the interesting ones- the Future Vision is actually a pill bottle cap, Sybil's suit is a gasoline can, and the Statue of LIberty is a kitchen countertop.

I know part of it's hard to see right now- Norrington and Sal in particular are hidden behind the textures. Once they're filled in with their own colors, they'll be visible!

lineart.jpg

• @divisionten said: Well, since this thread's been pretty dead today, thought I'd show you guys how the coloring's been going on my piece. Granted, "coloring" isn't the right word here. Everything is actually clipped from photos. Some of them are easy to recognize, obviously the sky was sky and the water, water. The Max spores are photographs of rabbit fur, and all the metallic things (Skunkape's ship, or at least the half of it I already filled in, the Maimtron, the black part of the DeSoto that's done, etc) are all real metal.

Some of the interesting ones- the Future Vision is actually a pill bottle cap, Sybil's suit is a gasoline can, and the Statue of LIberty is a kitchen countertop.

I know part of it's hard to see right now- Norrington and Sal in particular are hidden behind the textures. Once they're filled in with their own colors, they'll be visible!

lineart.jpg

Actually looking pretty good.

• Why do I consistently finish these things at 1am? *Tired*

♪Not much to say about Sam at this stage,
    so here's a Max, Max, Max, Max, Max Max page...♪

Page6.png

• @1nky said:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/kyeldra/Page6.png

Good thinking Max, we always need a second convenient garage. Plus the steering wheel ripped in half. I'm loving these comic pages!

• a pic i made just few days ago :3 (also, nice to meet you guys)
    smpinupfinal.jpg

thanks 1nky for the tip ^^

• @ divisionten - loving the textures and colours going on, it looking to be a really action-packed piece!

@1nky - awesome as always. You're really good with their humour too! A difficult thing to do. :)

@ tark - welcome to the boards! And you're first impression is amazing. Gah, I just envy people who have such a brilliant way with colours!!

• 1nky: Steve plays football? I'll be damned! Awesome as always my dear :D

tark: Daaang that some nice skills you got there!

• division10: wow, that's a pretty busy pic!

1nky: can't wait to see more.

tark: eyepopping! o.O

• Thanks for the kind words, guys. :)

@Lady K said:
    Thanks! I've seen at least one more New Year Max pic on DA so far: http://deerock-gorilla.deviantart.com/#/d38lzjv

The outfit Sam is wearing is for the Xiaosheng (young male hero) role in Beijing and Cantonese opera. I am completely in love with classical chinese art and design, I've filled up many folders on my hard drive with examples of period costume and scroll paintings. <3

Nice comic! have you uploaded the pages anywhere else on the web?

Ooh, thanks for the link!

Cool - I learned something about Chinese opera, today. :) They really do have beautiful clothing - it's very intricate and ornamental - quite lovely to look at.

I haven't, actually. :/ Maybe I should do that at some point, so people don't have to scroll through a thread in order to read it.

Thanks!

@Lady K said: Well, since this thread's been pretty dead today, thought I'd show you guys how the coloring's been going on my piece. Granted, "coloring" isn't the right word here. Everything is actually clipped from photos.
    *Whoa.jpg*

Now that it's all coming together, it's starting to look really cool. Wondering what texture you'll use for Monster Max. :D

Add Comment