User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.8K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just beat Dark Data Riku in Re:Coded and am currently doing his world. Man, I sure missed having a good old traditional boss battle, I don't know if it being 5 stages was a bit too much, but at least it was fun. Also, come on, not only are they reusing worlds, now they're doing worlds that reuse worlds?! ASFADSks{gasGADGASDF *foams at the mouth*

• @Gman5852 said: By "God games" You mean mess with people blah blah blah you rule, correct?

More like ant farm kind of God games where you create the characters to some degree, maybe the environment if the game will allow you, and then you drop them into the world to see what happens with very limited interferance on your part.

I've been facinated with emergant behavior in games lately, so that's what I'm looking into as far as titles go.

• @corruptbiggins said: Just played & completed King's Quest I for the first time. Now for King's Quest II.

Also, I have started playing Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

Congratulations.

We can be friends now.

• Cool, I guess...? (if it's not sarcasm - I find it hard to tell)

Is it because of Arcanum? I've only played it a little but I'm liking it. You can tell that the people who designed this did Fallout as well.

Anyway, just finished King's Quest II so onward to King's Quest III.

• Dead Space: Extraction on Move. Fun stuff.

• @Rather Dashing said: ...

Congratulations.

We can be friends now.

Rare praise!

Incidentally, while Wasteland is a masterpiece that stands the test of time; Fallout 1 and 2 are pretty much skippable. You can get all the necessary lore from the Fallout Wiki.

• @Irishmile said: ...We got the Collectors Edition.. so my boy now has a Sackboy of his own.. the bookends where disappointing.. its just cardboard.. but all the costumes are rad...

If you think that's disappointing all we got in the UK for the Collectors Edition was a metallic case, a few PSN avatars I'm never going to use and some animal costumes.

• [quote=comrade pants;446981]incidentally, while wasteland is a masterpiece that stands the test of time; fallout 1 and 2 are pretty much skippable. You can get all the necessary lore from the fallout wiki.[/quote]

Well then. I have a message for you, good sir:

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR YOU AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. HATE. HATE.

• th_DSC03461.jpg th_DSC03462.jpg th_DSC03463.jpg th_DSC03464.jpg th_KHEnd.png th_ReCoMBattleRecord.png th_32-ReChainofMemories-Riku.png th_4-358-2Days.jpg th_5-KingdomHeartsII.png

6-Recoded1.jpg

Still going to try to unlock the secret ending, but I just watched it on Youtube (not like I haven't already read about what happens and seen it in Japanese before now) while I'm still fresh off the series. I'm not sure how accurate my time is, since the clock seemed to run while I was in Tag Mode.

Kingdom Hearts (series run): Started 10/25/2010

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - Terra's Story: Complete 11/10/2010, 76:05
    Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - Ventus's Story: Complete 11/21/2010, 50:38
    Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - Aqua's Story: Complete 12/02/2010, 35:20
    Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - Final Episode: Complete 12/02/2010, 162:52
    Kingdom Hearts: Complete 12/30/2010, ~29:33 played + ~24:00 skipped = 53:33
    Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories - Sora's Story: Complete 01/08/2011, 32:12
    Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories - Reverse/Rebirth: Complete 01/14/2011, 19:48
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: Complete 01/19/2011, 28:15
    Kingdom Hearts II: Complete 1/31/2011, 56:51
    Kingdom Hearts Re:coded: Complete 02/06/2011, ~12:00 play time + ~30:00 tag mode = 42:16

Kingdom Hearts (series run): 3 months, 13 days (105 days), Play Time - 392:47 (16 days, 8 hours, 47 minutes)

Think I'm going to play Metroid: Other M next. Staying away from Epic Mickey for now. Don't think I could take much more Disney right now.

Add Comment