User Avatar Image

The legendary Sam & Max fanart

posted by Maxilyah on - last edited - Viewed by 42.5K users

Hey, there's a Monkey Island thread for it. I figure there's gotta be some Sam & Max fanart.
Post your Sam & Max stuff here!
Here's the first one I did with my tablet.
Max.jpg
Another.
Clothes.jpg
And I won't directly post this one, because it has blood in it.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/Iceboxme/Maxofviolence.jpg

3.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • HNGH

Sorry, I think my heart stopped for a moment.

• I love how simple yet effective that background is. As usual you make him look quite badass. Btw, if you're doing a Mac Salmon pic how about having him team up with Mr. Spatula or something XD

@Cheri: I saw your drawings on DA. I've never played FONV, but they still made me laugh XD

• NOIR SLAM stole my heart. As with all of your other works... *faints*

• All the ladies love Noir Sam!
    ...me included

• Many thanks, guys. Hot devil, isn't he? :D

• I... that... crfh, there are no words for Noir Slam. Well, there's one word: YOWZA.

@SunnyGuy said: It could, but that doesn't change that the nose feels like its position is quite a bit off to me.

Skullbank, hope you don't mind if I edit it quickly in Photoshop to show what I mean, I only mean this as a little constructive critic ^^;

No, that's cool, SunnyGuy. And actually... yes, that makes sense! I did some reconsidering on the face (new image is here, I don't want to keep reposting it). Changing the snout shape helped me make sense of the shading on Sam's face, I think.

• @crfh said: Yeah, I am that predictable :D

But it's not a Noir Sam. It's a NOIR SLAM.

*DAYUM.jpg*

This is Purcell's fault for posting that comic where Sam gets angry because they shot Max :P

This was done in a bit of a different style and inking. It's more angular, less round and soft. Finished it yesterday actually, but I ALWAYS leave the stupid background, simple as it is, for last.

Next: the Salmon.

Pardon my long delay of commenting on this work of art. All I seem to be able to convey is a "Aaauuuurrrffddghhgfgdhjshlfdksl." I hope that's indicative enough of my appreciation of this picture. :P Awesome job!

@crfh said:

No, that's cool, SunnyGuy. And actually... yes, that makes sense! I did some reconsidering on the face (new image is here, I don't want to keep reposting it). Changing the snout shape helped me make sense of the shading on Sam's face, I think.

That is much better. Amazing on how much the picture itself changed because of that detail. It was still an amazing picture to start with, but you
    improved on it, and now it's just wonderful. :D Fantastic job!

(Urk - about the comic, you guys. I had a small break, due to a little burnout, plus lack of knowledge on how to introduce Quad!Sam. It'll be up later today (or earlier tomorrow, don't know how the Sourthern Hemisphere times count) and I'll get back into the 'Page every other day' rhythm. Thanks for your patience!)

• Thx skullbank and 1nky :D Can't wait to see the new installment!

• Hey so yeah I kinda didn't really draw anything so this is kinda cheap... but I found I had a few hours of nothing (finally) but couldn't think of anything to really draw. I got the idea to try a fix up a screenshot of Hit the Road. Kinda like if they did a HD remake of Hit the Road like they did for Monkey Island. Welp... sharing is caring.

somethingtodowhenbord.jpg

Add Comment