User Avatar Image

The legendary Sam & Max fanart

posted by Maxilyah on - last edited - Viewed by 42.2K users

Hey, there's a Monkey Island thread for it. I figure there's gotta be some Sam & Max fanart.
Post your Sam & Max stuff here!
Here's the first one I did with my tablet.
Max.jpg
Another.
Clothes.jpg
And I won't directly post this one, because it has blood in it.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/Iceboxme/Maxofviolence.jpg

3.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That just makes me want a good special edition of HtR a lot more D:

@skullbank said:
    No, that's cool, SunnyGuy. And actually... yes, that makes sense! I did some reconsidering on the face (new image is here, I don't want to keep reposting it). Changing the snout shape helped me make sense of the shading on Sam's face, I think.

Wow, that does look quite a bit better :)

@skullbank said:
    (Urk - about the comic, you guys. I had a small break, due to a little burnout, plus lack of knowledge on how to introduce Quad!Sam. It'll be up later today (or earlier tomorrow, don't know how the Sourthern Hemisphere times count) and I'll get back into the 'Page every other day' rhythm. Thanks for your patience!)

Oh you take as much time as you need ;)

• @crfh said: Yeah, I am that predictable :D

But it's not a Noir Sam. It's a NOIR SLAM.

noirslam.jpg

This is Purcell's fault for posting that comic where Sam gets angry because they shot Max :P

This was done in a bit of a different style and inking. It's more angular, less round and soft. Finished it yesterday actually, but I ALWAYS leave the stupid background, simple as it is, for last.

Next: the Salmon.

I commented on this as Cheruphim on Deviantart, and I can't say how much I love this. The picture's shading is beautiful, I absolutely love it. And the cross-hatching, homg the crosshatching. My favorite *snerk* is actually how much justice you did to Sam's gun, the .44 Magnum. GORGEOUS. Only thing I'd have to say is that I noticed the gun's barrel is a little crooked as it tips toward to the end of it. Otherwise, beautiful.

And as many have said. Heck yes. Noir Slam is hawt.

• Noir Sam: Making Various females fur-curious since 2010.

@SillyStell said: Hey so yeah I kinda didn't really draw anything so this is kinda cheap... but I found I had a few hours of nothing (finally) but couldn't think of anything to really draw. I got the idea to try a fix up a screenshot of Hit the Road. Kinda like if they did a HD remake of Hit the Road like they did for Monkey Island. Welp... sharing is caring.

somethingtodowhenbord.jpg

This is why Hit the Road needs a SE.

• Thanks, Cherubim! I love the Big Kill, I gotta practice more :D

SillyStell: lovely!

• I can envisage sam and max hiding behind a dumpster behind their office and lorne "the friiiend for liiiife!" Prowling around the corner

• @SillyStell said: Hey so yeah I kinda didn't really draw anything so this is kinda cheap... but I found I had a few hours of nothing (finally) but couldn't think of anything to really draw. I got the idea to try a fix up a screenshot of Hit the Road. Kinda like if they did a HD remake of Hit the Road like they did for Monkey Island. Welp... sharing is caring.

My low res avatar approves of this, did you use a graphics tablet? I was thinking on getting one and learning to draw but I'm not sure if starting off digitally is the way to go :o

• I did use a tablet but I recomend doing some sketching with penciel and paper, it's your best friend if you wanna be an artist. Digital art is a great medium but I think if you understand traditional works then not only will you get more variety in your work but a better understanding of it.

• There is NO substitute for pencil and paper. None.

• @SillyStell said: Hey so yeah I kinda didn't really draw anything so this is kinda cheap... but I found I had a few hours of nothing (finally) but couldn't think of anything to really draw. I got the idea to try a fix up a screenshot of Hit the Road. Kinda like if they did a HD remake of Hit the Road like they did for Monkey Island. Welp... sharing is caring.

Aaaaaaaaand... this is my new wallpaper!

Add Comment