User Avatar Image

What do you look like? (Post a Pic!)

posted by Ashton on - last edited - Viewed by 11.9K users

I was just posting to one of these on another forum and decided to post on here too when I was stunned to find there is not a thread on here for it! (and I searched! I searched through of 17 pages of results!)

So, very simple 1-5 pics of yourself per post, no double-posting pics (though if you want to post more you can at a later point. Please no photoshopping (except red-eye removal or brightness/contrast)

I'll go first

Another_Frontal_View_by_Neko_0ni.jpg

click for full-size view!

Ok, who's th next victem? I mean volunteer! ;)

2.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: Still, I would think that Avi's avatar would be a giveaway if talking about her boyfriend wasn't.

Why would talking about a boyfriend indicate that a user is female? At it indicates is that the user's boyfriend is male.

• True, it's not a given, but it is the norm. Nothing wrong with deviating from the norm, but that doesn't change it from influencing most people's initial perceptions.

• @GuruGuru214 said: True, it's not a given, but it is the norm.

Right. And if you talk about any spot, it's American football. If you talk about any television broadcast, it's the Super Bowl or Glee. If you're talking about music, you're referring to Bieber or whoever's popular now. If you mention that you read a book, it was Harry Potter. If you say you're going to spend a weekend playing video games, you're referring to Call of Duty: Black Ops or Angry Birds.

• @Rather Dashing said: Right. And if you talk about any spot, it's American football. If you talk about any television broadcast, it's the Super Bowl or Glee. If you're talking about music, you're referring to Bieber or whoever's popular now. If you mention that you read a book, it was Harry Potter. If you say you're going to spend a weekend playing video games, you're referring to Call of Duty: Black Ops or Angry Birds.

GuruGuru just got Dashing'd!

• Naw, I won't consider myself to have been Dashing'd until the man bothers to use logic against me. There's a difference between a cultural norm and something just being popular. One's a psychological principle, the other's just...something being popular.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Naw, I won't consider myself to have been Dashing'd until the man bothers to use logic against me. There's a difference between a cultural norm and something just being popular. One's a psychological principle, the other's just...something being popular.

How is assuming a person with a boyfriend is female not assuming a popular idea without any other evidence? How is homosexuality "cultural"? What the hell is a "psychological principle" anyway?

• Go take two years of college-level psychology classes and then we'll have this discussion.

• So basically, "I can't explain what the hell I'm saying, so I'ma take my toys and go home". Nice conversational ragequit.

• ...what does that have to do with how having a boyfriend is solid evidence that the person is female?

• @Giant Tope said: ...what does that have to do with how having a boyfriend is solid evidence that the person is female?

You'd understand if you were enough of a high-brow intellectual to take college-level courses in high school. You'll have to at LEAST go to community college for two whole years before you could possibly understand. Please, don't bother with my massive brain until you can display your Town Name State College associate's diploma with a minor in psychology.

Add Comment