User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 15.7K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Scott Pilgrim vs the World - 9/10

Definitely enjoyed it. Should have seen it a while ago.

• @JedExodus said: I don't hate it, I just haven't watched it yet, too busy cutting turf and cleaning pig shite off my tractor. I MAY just stream it this weekend though, I was thinking about it

Anyway, being a paddy isn't too bad, we're 'the niggers of Europe' yo!

I'm actually insulting myself too in a way: fun fact, my first name is Irish.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Did You Hear About the Morgans? - 2/10
    I seem to have a weird soft spot for Hugh Grant, so there's one point for each vaguely amusing remark to drop from his lips. By the time the climactic shootout starts, I'd mostly tuned out but was quite keen for everyone to die in a hellish rain of gunfire. Sadly, they don't.

• That reminds me of something from The Producers. "By the end of Funny Boy, Max Bialystock's hopeless musical of Hamlet, everybody is dead. They were the lucky ones."

• The Van - 8/10

Two lads from Dublin who're out of work buy a chip van, hijinks ensue. This film's not ground-breaking, but it is a joy to watch. Heartfelt and hilarious. Plus it has that Irish guy from Star Trek in it

The Town - 8/10

This probably deserves higher, but i'm playing it safe. Ben Afleck's a bank robber, after a job goes smoothly there's a hitch. Aflleck only goes and falls for one of the hostages from the bank. She doesn't know it's him cos he was wearing a mask and all that craic. It's a bit of a slow starter as it setsa the scene, but it does well. I really enjoyed it but there's something that stops it from transcending to true greatness

• I should go watch movies whose titles include two words, the first of which is "The".

Nah.

• I'm gonna watch The Commitments later, I apologise for nothing

You can sit and be a snob about 'the' films all you like. I'll just be enjoying 'The Citizen Kane' over here

• @JedExodus said: The Van - 8/10

Two lads from Dublin who're out of work buy a chip van, hijinks ensue. This film's not ground-breaking, but it is a joy to watch. Heartfelt and hilarious. Plus it has that Irish guy from Star Trek in it

The Town - 8/10

This probably deserves higher, but i'm playing it safe. Ben Afleck's a bank robber, after a job goes smoothly there's a hitch. Aflleck only goes and falls for one of the hostages from the bank. She doesn't know it's him cos he was wearing a mask and all that craic. It's a bit of a slow starter as it setsa the scene, but it does well. I really enjoyed it but there's something that stops it from transcending to true greatness

The Van sounds awesome, can you get it on DVD? I love films like this

• @GeorgeC said: The Van sounds awesome, can you get it on DVD? I love films like this

Behold!

51CNDbTB-lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Add Comment