User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 19.4K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Sky Crawlers - 6/10
    Heard allot of great things about this one, but I didn't get it. Set in an alternate history where private corporations contract fighter pilots to fight in a fake war for show, the movie is about a mysterious group of young fighter pilots that live eternally in adolescence until they are killed in battle.

One thing for sure, the movie was beautiful! Great visuals and excellent action scenes. But the story was really boring. The premise is really interesting but I didn't feel anything for the characters. They even seemed bored with the movie themselves.

• @JedExodus said: I'm gonna watch The Commitments later, I apologise for nothing

You can sit and be a snob about 'the' films all you like. I'll just be enjoying 'The Citizen Kane' over here

I actually just realized that I'm waiting for tickets to not be sold out for "The Illusionist". :D

• Jonathan Creek Season 2 ep 1; Dans Macabre

This was an excellent episode of an already excellent series.
    Great locked room murder mystery.
    Too bad my trained mind already figured out the Modus Operandi during the act of the murder. >=(
    I was angry at myself for solving it so early. I hate that, because it eliminates the mystery for the remainder of the episode. I rather have that 'oh snap' moment during the revelation.

• @Origami said: Jonathan Creek Season 2 ep 1; Dans Macabre

This was an excellent episode of an already excellent series.
    Great locked room murder mystery.
    Too bad my trained mind already figured out the Modus Operandi during the act of the murder. >=(
    I was angry at myself for solving it so early. I hate that, because it eliminates the mystery for the remainder of the episode. I rather have that 'oh snap' moment during the revelation.

THAT'S NOT A MOVIE!!

But i'll let it slide as I can see Alan Davis's smiling face from my very own Jonathan Creek DVD collection.

Shame about the last special they did though. I officially had to call bullshit on it

• ^
    Jonathan Creek was recommended to me by fellow whodunnit/impossible/locked room murder mystery fans. I watched the first episode and fell in love with Alan Davies from the first second.

You won't believe this but I started a topic about the series on a different board and remarked about how good british can be explaining how Sherlock (2010), Hustle and Jonathan Creek are excellent productions. A british guy said the programs I watched sucked and that I should watch QI, in his opinion the best television program ever. Then other people agreed upon it being good. So I got curious and started watching QI. How pleasantly surprised I was to see Alan Davies on the panel. Imagine how pleasantly more surprised I was to find out he is the only permanent panel member!!! 0_o.
    What an amazing coincidence. Here I never heard of Alan Davies before and now I get to watch 2 amazing programs with him in it. ^^

• Hellraiser IV: Bloodline. What the hell have they done to this series?! This movie sucks ass! It doesn't even make any coherent sense. Stuff doesn't really start happening until the last 15 minutes or so and by then, I just didn't care anymore.

The Dead Zone. This was decent. One of the (very) few movies based on a Stephen King novel that isn't a complete disaster. I especially enjoyed Martin Sheen as the crazy politician.

• The Mechanic - 3/5

It had Jason Statham in it, and that is always a plus.
    But it was an ok movie, didn't really grip me but it had it's moments.

Tangled - 4/5

All I thought it would be, really thought out and made me laugh many times, again Pixar delivers. But I do agree with my boyfriend it could have done with less singing.

• ^
    Tangled wasn't done by Pixar.

• I Love You, Man - 7/10

Decent movie. Though I liked Paul Rudd better in Dinner for Schmucks.

Add Comment