User Avatar Image

Riddles of Monkey Island: time to recruit for this fan game!

posted by OzzieMonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 6.1K users

Yes, that's right, I'm making a monkey island fan game after the fan game post on the tales blog (thanks SWP) inspired me to do so. Only
thing is, it's just the highway and me working on it, so I want you guys, the MI fan community to pitch in and help
make a successful game, whether that's giving story ideas or volunteering for a specific position. I'm also going to be holding auditions for voice actors aswel ( although guybrush is taken, well, at least one of them, hehe), but for now any contributions to content would be great.

Cheers,
Matt.

235 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Cyrus7 said: Will there be any carnival merchandise like LeChuck zombie pirate toys and Smuggle Bunnies in CMI?

Thank you for bringing this up :), we'll definitely have to include these somewhere in the scenery, or perhaps as inventory items too.

• The Pirate Zombie Toy and the plush Dinghy Dog already were inventory items in CMI, so I would prefer something different. For example, a plush Rat (you can see it at Dinghy's stand), a Smuggle Bunny or something new. Besides, I'm interested to see other carnival attributes: drinks, ice cream, probably balloons, etc.

• Yeah, I like the idea of including a Smuggle Bunny as an inventory item, I always thought they were cool anyway. Balloons are already an inventory item, a drink (grog) is, ice cream isn't (though that's a possibility), and we've got a piece of scenery related to the Wharf Rat which may or may not become an inventory item (though it will be selectable, I assume).

• I've got another idea: perhaps it would be interesting to include El Pollo Diablo in person, either as a part of the plot or an Easter egg? This thread made me think about it.

• A Monkey Island fan game? That would be really awsome!
    I already bookmarked this thread! :D

• I'm a composer! And if the spot isn't taken I'm eager to help.

• @Cyrus7 said: I've got another idea: perhaps it would be interesting to include El Pollo Diablo in person, either as a part of the plot or an Easter egg? This thread made me think about it.

Heh :), while this would be fun, I don't think will be having anything El Pollo Diablo-related, as he's on Plunder Island, and this game takes place on Monkey. It would just feel a bit forced. Though I do want to make a minor reference to this thread somewhere in the game.

@Cyrus7 said: A Monkey Island fan game? That would be really awsome!
    I already bookmarked this thread! :D

Ah, no, expectations! :D

@Cyrus7 said: I'm a composer! And if the spot isn't taken I'm eager to help.

We have many composers currently on the team already (4, I think). But I think the music is an aspect of the game where you actually can't ruin it with too many people. So, hey, I wouldn't object at all to having another composer on the team. However, I will have to consult the other guys. In the meantime, could you possibly provide us with a sample of your work?

• Any references to other Telltale games, like Puzzle Agent?

• Ah, no, not as of yet. But thank you for mentioning 'Puzzle Agent'; it's given me a nice little idea!

• I posted this on another thread but I doubt it's good enough (I'm not even sure that you're still looking for background artists)...

2cpsrdi.jpg

Add Comment