User Avatar Image

"Get Tannen" Predictions (Spoiler warning)

posted by moturu on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

Only read the rest if you completly finished the "It's about Time" part. All the way to the credits.

If you are still reading you should know that Marty begins to dissapear like in Part 1. (Original Part 1(the movie)) And then it says that Marty goes back to 1931. I think it's because he gave the subpoena to his grandfather, so Kid Tannen kidnaps him or something and somehow makes Artie dissapear form existense. Or Judge Brown might think that Artie was a bad guy and make Artie dissapear from existence. But in the Synopis (http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf) it says that Kid might erase Jennifer fron the future. I'm not really sure how that happens. Maybe One of the gang members is her grandfather or her grandfather is another guy like Artie that gets pushed around by Kid. Say what you think will happen! :)

Edit: Alright, now we know Officer Parker is Jennifer's Grandpa, and Trixie Trotter is presumably the singer that dissapears. The Information was received by a Telltale email update thing.

Email as follows

"Following the blockbuster series premiere "It's About Time", the second episode of Back to the Future, "Get Tannen!" will be available for download on the PC and Mac this February. That means it's just a few short weeks until you can find out what happens in the second of five monthly chapters of Marty and Doc Brown's new adventure. You'll be able to get your first look at "Get Tannen!" in the official trailer, also coming soon.

We have a special treat for you, the faithful Interloper subscriber: We're pulling back the curtain on two of the characters that appear in "Get Tannen!", Officer Parker and Trixie Trotter. Officer Parker, Jennifer's granddad, is just a good cop caught up in a bad situation. On top of dealing with Kid Tannen and his goons, he also has a time-traveling duo causing him some problems. Trixie Trotter, on the other hand, is a small-town girl with big-city dreams. She may seem like just another mob moll, but she actually has aspirations for greatness.

What do you think is next for Doc and Marty? Speculate and discuss your theories in the comments of our "Get Tannen!" Predictions blog post and forum thread! Get on it butthead!"

We know that the singer dissapears because in one of the newspaper articles in Edna's house, it says a singer dissapears. Keep looking for clues! :D

103 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @JGennaro said: I just had a REALLY crazy thought...remember how we never knew what happened to OLD Biff when he brought the time machine back to 2015? Well he was either clutching his chest from a heartache or a BULLET wound...wouldn't it be awesome if SOMEHOW he went back and found kid tannen, told him about his plan and he SHOT him for one reason or another - not believing him / trying to take the time machine for his own we KNOW how stupid the tannens are....after being shot ...( yes, I know about the "this one shows you where you're going, this one shows you were you were, this one shows you where you are..." ) but anyways...he returns back to 2015 and dies from the bulletwound? And they mix in old griff with the time machine and somehow marty /doc sees this and interferes and...MAJOR PARADOXXXX....hehehe what do you guys think?!?!

Unfortunately that is impossible. For one thing there's no blood in the delorean but while we dont know biffs entire travel itenrary (I doubt he only goes to one place and goes back unless he returns because of the chest pains), we do know that his last stop before returning to 2015 was 1955 as it says so on the time circuit display.

• @JGennaro said: I just had a REALLY crazy thought...remember how we never knew what happened to OLD Biff when he brought the time machine back to 2015? Well he was either clutching his chest from a heartache or a BULLET wound...wouldn't it be awesome if SOMEHOW he went back and found kid tannen, told him about his plan and he SHOT him for one reason or another - not believing him / trying to take the time machine for his own we KNOW how stupid the tannens are....after being shot ...( yes, I know about the "this one shows you where you're going, this one shows you were you were, this one shows you where you are..." ) but anyways...he returns back to 2015 and dies from the bulletwound? And they mix in old griff with the time machine and somehow marty /doc sees this and interferes and...MAJOR PARADOXXXX....hehehe what do you guys think?!?!

But you do open up an interesting realm of possibilities; we basically have 2 instances where the whenabouts of the delorean are unaccounted for (as well as the time train which we know nothing about aside from it showing up in 1985 at the end of part III); When doc goes with it aside from 2015 once he finally gets to use it for himself at the end of part I and when Biff goes when he has it aside from 1955. This means we could see either of these characters show up at any given time. I'd imagine Doc makes a point of attempting to avoid being in the same time twice so if we do encounter Doc time travelling with the delorean pre-part II, it probably wont be 1931 as Doc wouldn't go back there again. Could be neat seeing 2 sets of time travellers from different eras collide.

According to commentary on the scene, alternate timeline stuff in the bonus features, and the like, we can piece together that Old Biff clutching his chest was a byproduct of the alternate reality that was setting in. In the Extended Scene HERE we see Biff fading away out of existence. It is widely believed that he was shot sometime in the 1990s, either by Lorraine or an assassin or something, which would mean that at that point in 2015, Biff would be long gone, thus him fading from existence when he gets out of the DeLorean.

I would say that it's the product of Biff fading away as New Biff of the alternate timeline took over, but that's never happened anywhere else where timelines have merged or have altered anywhere so.....that's my .02

• What we have to remember is that there are three timelines. One without Marty OR Doc where events take their natural course, one with just Doc where "Carl Sagan" gets murderded on the Courthouse steps, and one with Doc and Marty where "Carl Sagan" is saved from the paddywagon. My point is: in timeline two with just Doc, the chase that Marty intterupted during his arrival was left unintterupted and followed the natural course (presuming that Doc didn't do something before his incarceration to induce a police chase that was never supposed to happen in timeline 1!) The cop (presumably Officer Parker) either didn't catch Cue Ball and Matches or did catch them and they did not squeal on Kid. This must be the case because Kid was still freely walking the streets to shoot Carl Segan upon his release the next day. So Marty intterupting that chase should not effect Kid's timeline, he would have been walking the streets the next day one way or the other.

Is it possible that Edna burnt down the speakeasy? Doc says that Einstein is never aggressive without good reason. What if Einstein saw something that Doc didn't before he was struck by that stray brick? That would explain his aggression towards her and why Edna is so passionate about Carl Segan and praising his good deeds. She is passionate enough about Prohibition to burn it down but proper and lady like enough to do so secretly and freely let the blame fall on Mr. Segan.

Feel free to poke holes in my logic :D

• My whole thing is this, I'll break down my thoughts again. xP

MANDATORY :

Kid Tannen has to be dealt with one way or another that will still land him in jail for the rest of his life.

Artie has to be saved. Perhaps not being shot will make him the "hero" of the town and attract Trixie's (Silvia's?) attention? Maybe some problem solving between Marty and Artie will occur, and Marty will allow Artie to take all the credit in catching Kid Tannen, making him very marketable to the ladies. ;)

Meanwhile, Doc's gonna be feeling dejected and sad about being betrayed by Marty. (I still feel like an ass about that. =[). I don't think we'll be seeing a lot of Teen Doc in Episode 2. That chain of events will probably lead him to becoming First Citizen Brown.

SPECULATION:

Perhaps Edna will be around to make Doc feel better..."Emmett, I can't thank you enough for letting us use your mansion for the Stay Sober Society! We must meet again sometime!" Maybe Doc, feeling pretty dejected in his perceived failings as a scientist, Edna's love of law and justice will sway him into taking up being an enforcer of his own in First Citizen Brown. Maybe even some romantic overtones as well. xP

• Apologies if this has already been brought up as I haven't been following this thread that closely.

However, I do expect that we will find out that either Doc or Marty ended up burning down/blowing up the speakeasy.

• I'd think they'd reveal that later in the story....to wrap up things more?

But yeah, it's either Doc or Edna. xD

Marty only just got there AFTER the sp-.....

Hm, you bring up a point. What if Doc and Marty traveled through time AGAIN, to before the speakeasy was burnt down?

Also...EDIT AGAIN.

[quote="First Post"]We know that the singer dissapears because in one of the newspaper articles in Edna's house, it says a singer dissapears. Keep looking for clues! [/quote]

Trixie (Sylvia?) is ALSO captured by Tannen's gang, which would somehow explain how Artie and Sylvia got to know each other?

[quote="R.I.P-Bill"] Feel free to poke holes in my logic. =D[/quote]

Logic was thrown out the window when in 1931 cars apparently go 88 miles an hour. Outside of breaking movie canon, anything is game! xP

• Hey, wait... Suppose that Emmett will become the First Citizen Brown, then how will he invent the time machine and all? I think Emmett's timeline is equally crucial to the series as Marty's, if not more. And we need to avoid the MAJOR paradox of the time machine never being created! Or, if it's created, then Marty's still less likely to befriend the First Citizen Brown or something... right?

• @Scientist93 said: Hey, wait... Suppose that Emmett will become the First Citizen Brown, then how will he invent the time machine and all? I think Emmett's timeline is equally crucial to the series as Marty's, if not more. And we need to avoid the MAJOR paradox of the time machine never being created! Or, if it's created, then Marty's still less likely to befriend the First Citizen Brown or something... right?

That's my problem with BTTF Part II. When Marty and Doc go back to 1985A where Biff is powerful and in possesion of the almanac, Marty is supposed to be at boarding school and Doc committed. So are the "alternate" Doc and Marty really elsewhere? Because in that case, Doc didn't invent the time machine, Marty didn't end up in 1955, Doc didn't go thirty year into the future and then come back for Marty, Marty never bought the almanac, and Old Biff never gave the book to himself. And even if alternate Doc and Marty DID invent the time machine, the Marty in 1955 trying to get his parents back together would not have the same adventure as the first film. He wouldn't really know his father since George is dead but the adventure is the same nonetheless? PARODOX!

Not complaining, just thinking out loud :)

• @Spykes said: Apologies if this has already been brought up as I haven't been following this thread that closely.

However, I do expect that we will find out that either Doc or Marty ended up burning down/blowing up the speakeasy.

I'm kind of doubting it. That'd fall under a predestination paradox which the whole film series avoids. The predestination paradox is where a time traveler goes back in time to complete his "destiny". Marty's life would not have changed in Part 1 if those rules apply. He would have gone back in time and convinced his father to be the man he's destined to be. But he changed the course of their lives, adding a new stimuli to the time stream that resulted in an alternate universe where George is a new man.

Add Comment