32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've seen several of his videos. He's funny but I don't always agree with him. Although, there's always the chance that he actually likes those movies and he's just making fun of them for laughs. I liked his video for Godzilla 1998. That was a good one.

• Meanwhile, the guy's favorite movie is probably "Jackass 3". :cool:

Thanks so much for sharing.

• @robotpo said: Meanwhile, the guy's favorite movie is probably "Jackass 3". :cool:

Thanks so much for sharing.

Nah, it's Terry Gilliam's Brasil, which is quite the excellent movie.

• Just tried to watch the video, couldn't get 20 seconds in. Of course, I'm a Woody Allen/Monty Python/Lewis Black/Bill Maher junkie, so I'm used to something with, ya know...actual wit.

God, was that awful...:(

• @robotpo said: Just tried to watch the video, couldn't get 20 seconds in. Of course, I'm a Woody Allen/Monty Python/Lewis Black/Bill Maher junkie, so I'm used to something with, ya know...actual wit.

God, was that awful...:(

Trollface.jpg goes here

You sir have no sense of humour.

I mean, you cannot avoid the fact that The Lost World is just so many leagues worse then the first film.

• @Ribs said: Trollface.jpg goes here

You sir have no sense of humour.

I mean, you cannot avoid the fact that The Lost World is just so many leagues worse then the first film.

Not really, but it's true I cannot avoid the fact that the Nostalgia Critic is many leagues worse than The Lost World AND the original film!! He's more on-par with JP3, actually... :cool:

A would-be hipster doofus on the internet with no coherent points whatsoever does not = comedy.

• Ooof, AGAIN I'm seeing this conversation?

I'm okay with his reviews. He makes decent points, but sometimes it's true that when he tries to make things entertaining, he sometimes resorts to old jokes. He can be pretty funny time to time though. I think his reviewing covers it up. As for his projects that have NO reviews in it, like Kickassia... It's just a pile of crap.

I see that hating on NC is a cool thing to do on Encyclopedia Dramatica and /b/, but I have yet to see a good explanation behind such a hatred. He's okay, what he does is okay, and hell he's one of the GOOD reviewers on his page. If he bores you (in 20 seconds, and you think he's not funny and he's witless although obviously you did not show him enough time to actually present you SOMETHING), try to watch Linkara. Oh my god so pointless...

• @robotpo said: No, I HAVE a sense of humor, which is why I didn't find this funny. :cool:

A ridiculously annoying would-be hipster doofus on the internet with no coherent points whatsoever does not = comedy.

And what was the thing about "no women would raise her hands over her head"? What...?

Name a situation inwhich someone is screaming in shock and raises her hands over her head.

• Well.... I though it was funny. And this is coming from someone who has enjoyed all the films.

• @Falanca said: Oh my god so pointless...

Nice summary of this "Nostalgia Critic" thing...

@Falanca said: Name a situation inwhich someone is screaming in shock and raises her hands over her head.

No one cares what an extra is doing with her arms...

Rifftrax's take on the original JP is hilarious. This guy makes me wish the government would just deny the internet to certain people like happened on a national level in Egypt. :cool:

@Falanca said: Well.... I though it was funny. And this is coming from someone who has enjoyed all the films.

I would have found it funny had the guy not had the wit of Carrot Top and the voice of Gilbert Godfried.

Add Comment